Featured Cardmaker: Veronica G., San Clemente, CA

Hello everyone! Are you ready for your Friday dose of inspiration? I have a wonderful group of cards to share with you that were created by this week's featured cardmaker Veronica. I know you will be as inspired by them as I am. Veronica, for whom English is a second language (I hope I've done an okay job with your answers Veronica), doesn't blog so I hope you will take a moment to leave her some love here at the end of this post so she will have a chance to know how much you like her cards.

How long have you been stamping?
I've been scrapbooking for at least 12 yrs. About a one year ago, I think, I bought  a card magazine which is where I found out about about OWH. I checked it out on the computer and I was so excited and started sending in my cards. Of course now I am a so addicted… I love it… and I'm so thankful to our heroes.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
Since my son has moved out I now have my OWN craft room and I am so happy! I have my stamping table, room for all my papers (I loooove paper) and stamps, my cricut and embossing supplies.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I went to a stamp show and fell in love with the stamps from La-La-Land. I love Marci! I also discovered (and love) The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnhard too.

My favorite technique is using the distress inks by Tim Holtz. I've also discovered Copic markers and love to color with them.

When it comes to colors I think it depends on the card. I love reds, browns, purples and pinks. I love to stamp on beige cardstock and use it a lot.
I love to buy all the card magazines and I heard about OWH in one I read.

Mine is just a little part and it’s such a small thing to do what I do for them, when they do so much for us. How can we really ever say thank you? When I read about the children getting the cards from OWH and they have a little of their parents, moms or dads, saying I love you or I miss you it brings my heart great joy. And I always pray for all of them and their families.

Linda  – (June 1, 2012 at 5:21 AM)

Veronica, Great work...love your use of dps! That zig zag card is definitely gorgeous! Thanks for your support!

Debbie A –   – (June 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM)

Your cards are beautiful, Veronica. They are so colorful and nicely designed.

Donna Hanley  – (June 1, 2012 at 9:31 AM)

Wonderful inspiration for this week. All of your cards are just great. Thank you so much for sharing.

SusanS  – (June 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM)

Veronica your cards are gorgeous! Nice variety alos. You have definitely inspired me. I have that 'berry special' stamp too. Congratulations on being this week's featured card maker!

Becca Sadler  – (June 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM)

Veronica: The showcased cards are beautiful and reflect a wide variety of styles and techniques! So keep up your diverse range of creativity as well as creating cards for our brave military!!!!

Sharon  – (June 2, 2012 at 5:01 AM)

Veronica thank you for sharing your talent with us! Your colors are so bright and cheerful they will certainly bring a smile of joy to the sender and receiver alike

My boss brought in two cards his wife received from his step-son overseas and asked if I made them. They had the Operation Write Home stamp on the back! He's seen some that I made and I guess didn't realize how large of an organization it is. It really impressed his wife to receive a handmade card and has inspired me to make more!

Linda Grady –   – (June 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM)

Veronica: I love your cards, esp. the Chevron one and the wavy one. I am a paper fanatic, too. Thanks for sharing your artwork.