Featured Cardmaker: Sandy S., Jamestown, NC

Hello and happy Friday everyone! This week I'd like you all to meet Sandy from North Carolina. Sandy wanted me to be sure that you all know that when it comes to making cards for OWH she gives a lot of credit to her many friends who help her put together many of the cards she donates. Sandy does not have a blog so I hope that you will take a moment to leave her some love here so she will know you've been inspired!

How long have you been stamping?
I've been stamping for 2 1/2 years.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
I have taken over my formal dining room and converted it into  a great stamp room!

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I love them all - but I use Stampin Up and Hero Arts on many of my cards.

Again - all of them - I stamp with three different groups and we are always trying new techniques.  Embossing is so fun and I have become a fan of all of the new dies.

I am partial to black and white  - brown and peach - I like clean and simple, but elegant.

Once I became totally "addicted" to making cards, I had so many I began looking for a way to share my beautiful cards, so I sought out web sights that sent cards overseas - I was instantly impressed with the professionalism and great organization of OWH.

I feel it is so important to do all we can for our troops - they are making such sacrifices - an I hope that my little fun activity provides something for them to share with family and friends.

Yolanda  – (May 25, 2012 at 5:00 AM)

Terrific cards. I just love that very first one. I think it's the colors and the sheer ribbon placement and bow perfection. Thanks from this Army mom for being part of this great bunch.

Cyn  – (May 25, 2012 at 6:15 AM)

Beautiful cards Sandy. They are so elegant! I have also took over my formal dining room and made it my craft room. :)

Marsha  – (May 25, 2012 at 6:30 AM)

Such beautiful cards. Love the stamping over the stamping.

Debbie A –   – (May 25, 2012 at 7:23 AM)

Sandy, your cards are beautiful! I love the designs and colors.

SuzAnn –   – (May 25, 2012 at 8:34 AM)

CLASSY cards! so fresh in technique and style - don't be surprised if many (myself) included CASE you! Thanks for sharing your talent with OWH.

Anonymous –   – (May 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM)

I love your cards! You had me at the first one! Pat K.

Susan C  – (May 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM)

Beautiful cards. I love the stamping over stamping. I will have to try it.
Thanks!

Sharon Harris  – (May 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM)

Sandy - the elegance and simplicity of your cards are wonderful!

Seongsook Duncan  – (May 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM)

So beautiful and elegant cards! Thanks for sharing.

Rufus  – (May 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM)

Sandy,
You're cards are marvelous! Love your overstamping and that doily is beautiful. Thanks for being such a great supporter of OWH and all our Heroes!
R/

Carol L  – (May 26, 2012 at 2:21 AM)

Hello Sandy - it's so nice getting to know more about you, and your cards are just lovely! I love how you used those gorgeous dies, and your doily and field flowers all look amazing the way you've used them! Keep up the great work!

Sybrina K  – (May 26, 2012 at 4:33 AM)

Sandy,

These cards are gorgeous -- just gorgeous! Clean, simple, and elegant are three words that describe them perfectly!

Wish you lived closer so I could join one of your groups. :)

Donna Hanley  – (May 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM)

Sandy, Each one of these cards are simply beautiful and full of class. I just love your style and color combinations that you showcased here today. Wish you had a blog so we could see more of your cards on a more regular basis. A special thanks also to your wonderful group of card makers that you create with.

Angie  – (May 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM)

Beautiful! You need a blog so I can follow your work!

Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2012 at 6:43 AM)

Your kindness and generosity are so inspiring....and it goes without saying that you have a deep appreiation for your freedoms tht out armed forces help provide!!!!

Larissa Heskett  – (May 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM)

LOVE all of the CREATIONS!! THANKS for sharing the fun and have a FABULOUS MEMORIAL DAY!! =)