Featured Cardmaker: Debi K., Milton, WA

Hello fellow card makers! It's Friday and that means it's time for a dose of crafty inspiration for the weekend! I'd like to introduce you all to this week's featured cardmaker Debi. I'm excited to be able to share some of her beautiful cards here with you today. Debi does not have a blog so I hope you will take a minute to leave her some love right here in the comments section of this post.

How long have you been stamping? I met a SU demonstrator about 10 years ago and I was hooked. I've always done some kind of craft project, but this one has lasted a lot longer. I get to be a little girl again by coloring and playing with paper.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft? I took over my downstairs family room once I knew the boys were out of the house for good. We didn't use the room except for storage and I was overtaking the office upstairs. So we tore the carpet up, I painted the floor and walls, put some wainscoating up added a counter and a desk.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
My favorite? Too many to list. I do love using rhinestones and glitter, but I have to back off with the glitter when doing cards for OWH. I just love the bling.

I don't know if using Prisma colored pencils is a technique, but I love coloring with them. It may take me a while to color an image, but it's very relaxing to me.

There's no particular color I use on all my cards. It depends on the theme and the image. Sometimes I start out with one color and end up with a whole different look and color.

I belong to a wonderful group on Splitcoast Stampers and we started making them for a challenge. We would have about 10-12 different challanges and you would have to make a certain style or theme of card for that challenge. Then we'd ship them to Kris Allan.

I just enjoy making cards and reading about how excited the troops are when they get their shipment, and the joy of their families receiving a card that was handmade. It gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Linda  – (May 4, 2012 at 5:25 AM)

Debi...What a great set of cards! I think the Miss You is my fav. Keep out the great work. Thanks for the support!!!

StampTramps  – (May 4, 2012 at 5:56 AM)

I love the variety of your cards, they're all gorgeous. I also like how you layered your different shaped Spellbinders. Thanks for sharing your awesome work!

Jen  – (May 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM)

Beautiful cards, Debi! The last one is just gorgeous... love the colors and layout!

Kim Koehler  – (May 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM)

Beautiful...my favorite is the last one w/the autumn leaves.

Ronni  – (May 4, 2012 at 8:14 AM)

Debi - your cards are all wonderful! My favorite is the woman in the chair - with the starfish brads! the doloring is perfect for the scene - very mellow! You are quite an artist

Donna Nuce  – (May 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM)

Beautiful cards Debi. Thanks for sharing them. I love the leaves one the best. I have that stamp set and have not used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rea'  – (May 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM)

Love these, so enjoy looking at all you ladies work...thanks for sharing !

Anonymous –   – (May 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM)

Beautiful cards! No way to pick a favorite, but love the layout and colors on the beach card, and ditto for the leaf card!! Pat K.

One Scrappy Gal  – (May 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM)

Nice cards! I especially like the last 2! The miss you card is outstanding! Thanks for the support of the troops.

Sara Tieszen Paschal  – (May 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM)

Congrats on being featured Debi;) I love your sample cards the elephant is my fave the layout is awesome. Great job!

Lee Mae  – (May 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM)

Terrific set of cards! I really like the last one. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

SusanS  – (May 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM)

Debi - your cards are gorgeous! I am a pushover for anything ocean or nautical! Congratulations on being this week's featured cardmaker!

Paula S.  – (May 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM)

This is a really beautiful group of cards Debi. It's obvious how much love and care you put in to both the planning and creating. I particularly like the beach chair, sailboats and seagull... You have me dreaming of summer! Thanks for letting me share your cards with everyone this week.

Debi  – (May 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM)

Thank You everyone! It was a surprise to come on here and see this. Thank you to OWH for all they do for our troops!

Newlexness  – (May 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM)

Debi, your cards are gorgeous. I especially love the relaxing lady in a chair and the way you colored her. It reminds me of a beach scene and the matching papers and brads make it very special. Thank you for sharing.

Sherry Hickey  – (May 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM)

Beautiful cards, Debi! I have really enjoyed looking at them and drinking in all the details!
Great job.

Carol L  – (May 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM)

Hi Debi, your cards are wonderful! I especially like the first one - it's such a perfect masculine card! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous –   – (May 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM)

Really like the coloring on the first one, the colors and theme of the beach chair one, and the way you varied the ink on the leaves. Nice work.
Glenda F

Kim  – (May 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM)

Wow, they are such beautiful cards! You are so talented!!! Thank you for sharing them with us. :)

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (May 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM)

Milton, WA - I live in Milton, WI - fun

your cards are beautiful - thank you for supporting OWH

Barb Housner

Anonymous –   – (May 5, 2012 at 5:01 AM)

What beautiful cards Debi. I love the colors and designs. Thanks so much for sharing.

Super Jen  – (May 5, 2012 at 6:11 AM)

A wonderful slice of talent you've shown us here. Great layouts with elements all harmonizing. I especially like the sailboat card and the leaf card.

Anonymous –   – (May 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM)

Very pretty cards, can't pick a favorite because they all are neat. Thanks for supporting OWH. Mary L

SuzAnn –   – (May 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM)

Debi, your cards are beautiful and classy. I love the miss you one of the lady at the beach as I can just feel her longing for her loved one and hear the waves and smell the salt air. Peaceful. Serene. Hopeful. NICELY done! Thanks for being part of OWH.

Dorothy S  – (May 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM)

Well, hi there Debi! How nice for you to be featured - what a lovely selection of cards. I do like them all, but I think the Miss You is the most touching - it pretty much symbolizes OWH.
(Dorothy S, aka etsdas)

Kathryn  – (May 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM)

With every card posted here more beautiful than the last, I just have to tell Debi that she needs to start a blog because her cards are so inspiring. The fall leaves are particularly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.