OWHtv: Episode 52 - Flu!

Sorry for the abbreviated (by 5 minutes!) show - the flu got the better of my voice! And the link to get on the email list for the big fun coming May 1: http://operationwritehome.org/email.html

Toooootally forgot to announce the winner of the Ciara stamp: JoAnnRoss725!!!

Click on a photo to enlarge it. If you're ever in doubt about the thickness of one of your cards, make it a thankyou card and write a note in it - put a stickynote on it and ask your shipper if that dimension is too much or not. Turn "mailfail" into "AnyHero mail!"

Paula S.  – (April 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM)

These are great guides for new and veteran card makers alike!

Lucy  – (April 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM)

I commented (and Liked) over at YouTube since I missed the live broadcast, but wanted to thank you for these images. They'll be easy to refer to when I start wondering. Feel better yet? Ha ha, it's only been 90 minutes or so since the show.

Aundria B.  – (April 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM)

You are such a trooper to do an episode while sick. Thank you for the card shares tonight - very, very helpful. Take care, get plenty of rest, and I hope you'll be feeling better real soon.

JoAnn Ross  – (April 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM)

Wow! I never win anything! What fun! I Heart your puppy's stamp and was already planning to get it. Thanks so much for giving it away and a special thanks for doing the video tonight while you were so sick! They're always helpful, and I especially liked the paper buttons.

Cindy O  – (April 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM)

Thank you for the examples of "too thick." It's very helpful. Hope you feel better soon!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (April 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM)

Great show tonight Sandy, I'm sorry you aren't feeling good and hope you will be soon!

I enjoyed your segment on dimension and buttons, excellent!

Esther  – (April 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM)

I get confused about the thickness requirements because in your demos you usually make a card with a thick knot in a bow. How are these bows ok, but not a button or whatever the same thickness?

Operation Write Home  – (April 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM)

Esther, if a knot is tied loosely and held in place with adhesive, it flattens much more than a solid item like a button.

SuzAnn –   – (April 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM)

great tips about the buttons and bows! hope you're feeling better.