Featured Cardmaker: Trish C., Spring Valley, MN

Hey there fellow cardmakers! Are you working on getting the last of your Father's Day cards ready to go? The April 30th deadline is fast approaching! This week's featured cardmaker Trish has some terrific Dad cards to inspire you to get it done. Trish blogs over at Mouse Print Creations where you can see more of her wonderful cards. Be sure to say hello and leave her a comment here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping? My sister-in-law got me hooked on stamping about 12 years ago, but after several moves my supplies were left in boxes very neglected. In 2005 a friend introduced me to scrapbooking, which re-ignited my love of paper, markers, scissors, and ink. Currently I make more cards than scrapbook pages, and even give cards to my sister-in-law as a continuous thank you for my favorite hobby. :)

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft? I have a craft room, not very big, but perfect for me and my mom (who crafts with me). When I was looking to buy a house, I told the realtor that the house had to have at least 2 bedrooms, a garage, and a separate room for crafting. He laughed, not taking me seriously. But by the time I closed on my house, he believed me and even gave me a gift card to a local scrapbook store as a thank you gift!!

What are your favorite stamp/craft products? PATTERNED PAPER!!! Can't get enough paper. Recently discovered 6x6 paper pads. My ATG gun is always close by as is my Creative Memories photo trimmer and my Tonic Studios 12" guillotine trimmer. Digital stamps are great.

Do you have a favorite technique? I use embossing folders some, but don't really have any techniques that I use a lot.

Are there colors you love to include on your cards? Brown is my new favorite color. Can't get enough browns in my papers. Blue is a favorite color also, and I like to mat with black.

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? I read an article/ad in a crafting magazine and thought it was a great way to support the troops.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes? I picture how the person who sends it and who receives it will feel. I picture the look on the children's faces when they get a card from mom or dad with a hand written note. When I was away at college, my dad wrote me a couple letters and they meant the world to me. If I could I give that feeling to someone else by making cards, then I am being blessed too.

Trisha  – (April 20, 2012 at 5:22 AM)

Great cards. Love your first card for Father's Day. Would love to know what stamp this is? Just so perfect. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Linda  – (April 20, 2012 at 5:26 AM)

Trish...great set of cards! That last was is too darn cute! I love pattern paper too. Thanks for all you do!

JoAnn Ross  – (April 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM)

Oh, they're all so different, I like each one for a different reason, but I really like the way the black mat pops that tan/brown and the sentiment for the bike! I have a bike stamp that'd be perfect with! Thanks for sharing your cards!

airbornewife  – (April 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM)

What awesome cards Trish... thanks for sharing these works of art. blessings ~ Pam

Paula S.  – (April 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM)

This is a great group of cards Trish. I love the papers and color-block style layout of the Bubbalicious card and the dad in the chair is such a fun image. Thanks for letting me share your cards with everyone this week and for supporting OWH!

SusanS  – (April 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM)

Nice cards Trish! I like all of them, but the bubbalicious is my favorite. :) Congratulations on being this week's featured card maker!

Anonymous –   – (April 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM)

Your matting is great--adds color sometimes and "finish" in others. Love the playfulness that comes through.
Glenda F

Donna Hanley  – (April 21, 2012 at 3:22 AM)

Trish, Wonderful cards you showcased here. Great versatility. Thanks for our inspiration this week. You had a very smart real estate agent, LOL.

SuzAnn –   – (April 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM)

love your CAS style, Trish. I laughed when you said brown was your favorite color and thought of Sandy's April Fools trick of asking for brown cards. Your bicycle card is fantastic but my favorite is the bubblicious. I just love the stripes and polka dots together with the cheery colors. Thanks for being part of OWH!

Lee Mae  – (April 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM)

Trish, your cards are fabulous! Each one is a gem. I really like the bubbalicious card.

Sherry Hickey  – (April 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM)

Thanks for sharing these fantastic cards, Trish! I love the Dad watching TV card (gee that looks familiar, lol) and all the others! Glad you came back to stamping and that you found OWH!!

Ann  – (April 22, 2012 at 4:10 AM)

Trish, your cards are great!! I LOVE the bicycle one! I, also, love to work with browns.

Aundria B.  – (April 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM)

Love your cards, Trish - the dad watching TV one is too funny and so true! Love your CAS style and the whimsy that comes through, especially on the bubble-blowing snake card - so fun!

Just A Pac Rat  – (April 23, 2012 at 7:28 AM)

Love the cards and what to thank you for using your talent to help our troops stay in touch with their families through OWH.

Just A Pac Rat

Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com) –   – (April 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM)

Thank you for the great tips. Needed this at this time to remind me I need to organize. Cards beautiful.