Featured Cardmaker, Mary S., Taunton, MN

Hello everyone and TGIF! This week I have the pleasure of introducing you all to Mary and sharing some of her lovely cards with you. Mary does not have a blog so be sure to say hello and leave a comment for her here at the end of this post.

As a side note... in the exchange of emails that typically takes place while I gather information for these posts Mary mentioned to me that she and her husband have just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary, so I wanted to take this opportunity to say Congratulations!

How long have you been stamping?
About 7 or 8 years, every since I retired from my job. I still have a lot to learn.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
Yes, my office/craft room.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I love them all. I have a lot of SU, Angel Company, Flourishes. Mark's Finest Papers Heinrich, Hero Arts, many more. I love my Cuttlebug and the Spellbinders embossing folders and my Copic markers.

Embossing, coloring with Copics.

Any color that fits the stamp that I used.

My daughter-in-law and then I checked it out on the computer.

I had an Uncle that lost his life in the WWII, also my son was in the Air Force. I knew the young men from our area that was in the service. I love to make cards and I donate most of what I make.

Jen  – (April 27, 2012 at 4:59 AM)

Very nice cards, Mary! ;)

Kaylee Snyder  – (April 27, 2012 at 5:17 AM)

Wonderful cards, Mary. I especially love the color combinations in the 1st one. Congrats on 50 years; that's amazing!

Debbie A –   – (April 27, 2012 at 6:22 AM)

Mary, your cards are beautiful! I love the flowers and the coloring is gorgeous.

Sharon Y –   – (April 27, 2012 at 6:38 AM)

Love your cards Mary. The florals with the embossing is a perfect match. Congratulations on your 50th anniversary!

Ronni  – (April 27, 2012 at 7:43 AM)

Mary, your cards are lovely -very pretty and heartwarming - they will make the recipient very happy.

Paula S.  – (April 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM)

Such pretty cards Mary! I like how you made the large flower the focal point on the starburst design and the purple floral is so pretty. I've seen that purple and silver foil paper in person and it's gorgeous.

Sherry Hickey  – (April 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM)

Hi Mary! Thanks for sharing your talent with us! I was going to say just what Paula did; love your take on the starburst design with the flower, as well as the gorgeous DPs you used! Beautiful cards. Happy Golden Anniversary!

Lee Mae  – (April 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM)

Wow! I love the embossing on your cards and the first card is a fabulous take on the starburst design. Thanks for sharing your cards with us and congratulations on your 50th Anniversary!

Crafting Adventures  – (April 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM)

Beautiful Cards! I really like the embossing.

SusanS  – (April 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM)

Mary - your cards are beautiful. They are all so full of warmth and love. You have a very unique style. I, too, like you starburst design. Congratulations on your 50th anniversary and for being this week's featured card maker. Thank you for sharing with us. Keep up the great work!

Dolores A.  – (April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards with us.

Sandi Marr –   – (April 28, 2012 at 7:15 AM)

Beautiful cards Mary, I especially like the texture you use on your cards, makes them just so interesting and eye catching. Happy Anniversary and thank you for sharing your art with us and OWH.

Sandi

Yolanda  – (April 28, 2012 at 7:20 AM)

Great cards, Mary. I love the top one and the rose at the bottom is just beautiful with that embossing. Thanks for all you do!

Linda  – (April 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM)

Congrats Mary on the 50th...my parents celebrated their last Sept. Pretty floral cards! Too hard to pick a fav! Thanks for the support!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead)  – (April 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM)

Congratulations for 50 years!! I really like the effect of the embossed mixed with the flat area for a stamp. Lovely cards.

Aundria B.  – (April 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM)

Congrats on your 50th - it's quite an accomplishment in this day and age of disposable everything to know there are still folks out there who fight for their marriages. My parents will celebrate 52 years this year & I am so grateful - Bless you both & your families!

Also, love your cards and the creative ways you've embossed them - WOW - so beautiful that I can't pick a favorite! Love the flowers - so feminine and beautifully colored.

ThePurplePlace  – (April 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM)

Hi Mary - Congratulations on being the featured card-maker this week! I really think your cards are lovely, a wonderful variety and your coloring is also really nice!

Special wishes to you for a wonderful Anniversary too!

Lisa

gabby2057  – (April 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM)

Congrat on the 50 years! Your cards are very pretty. Great job embossing and coloring really makes the flowers stand out.

Just A Pac Rat  – (May 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM)

Love the cards! Thanks for using your talent to create card for OWH!