Featured Cardmaker: Glenda F., Renton, WA

Happy Friday everyone! I'm so excited to be able to introduce you all to Glenda this week and to share some of her wonderful cards with you. Glenda does not have a blog, but I'm not above shamelessly suggesting she simply must consider at least a Flickr gallery so we can see more of her work. In the meanwhile soak up all the inspiration you can from these card shares and leave her some love in the comments section at the end of this post!

How long have you been stamping?
Less than two years. I still consider myself any amateur! I am one of those people, though, who has done crafts all my life: I sewed my own clothes back in the ‘60s when girls still had to wear dresses and skirts to school. I dabbled in crochet and made those flower child vests in the ‘70s. Then I did cross stitch and embroidery for quite a few years. In 1989, I got into quilting and still enjoy that. I worked at a quilt shop for 5 years and have a HUGE fabric stash. Now I am working on my card-making stash!

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft? I use the family room and the kitchen island counter (good height). A lot of my quilting stuff is in the family room, too, so it’s always messy--but creatively so, right? My husband has his own “office” with TV/surround sound, so he never complains about the clutter. He also wholeheartedly supports OWH.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products? Copic markers are my new favorites. I recently took my first coloring class at my local Impress store and am enjoying using them very much. Sandy’s tutorials are a wonderful resource and have taught me so much. Things I use all the time are my ATG (pink one), acrylic stamps, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and Tonic paper trimmer.

Do you have a favorite technique? Coloring! I also like paper-piecing, and want to start embossing. I like CAS as a style. Someone involved with OWH compared it to “the little black dress” of cards. I love that.

Are there colors you love to include on your cards? Blue is my personal favorite, but I use any and all colors. I like to coordinate with a nice design paper or whatever image I’ve colored.

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? I met Sandy at a care package packing party (for military) at the large church we both attend. She brought sets of beautiful cards and hero letters to add to each box. The first cards I ever made were from kits Sandy created for an “assembly” party. What a start, huh.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes? My relatives have served in the Army, Navy and Air Force; I lived the move-every-two-years lifestyle for my first 11 years. But, it was when 911 happened that I really felt a need to support those fighting for our country and its freedoms. I’m so thankful for our heroes, at home and abroad.

AllisonG  – (March 23, 2012 at 3:44 AM)

Glenda, your cards are fantastic! I love your style. You definitely need a blog, girlfriend. They really aren't that hard to set up...there are lots of tutorials floating around the internet to help you! Share that inspiration with the rest of us.

Linda  – (March 23, 2012 at 5:17 AM)

Great cards...you definitely need to be sharing your work with the rest of us! Thanks for sharing!

sherry varga  – (March 23, 2012 at 5:17 AM)

I love your cards. You color fantastic and the first card has to be my favorite since I love flowers. Great job!!!

Jen  – (March 23, 2012 at 7:38 AM)

Fabulous cards, glenda! Your mothers day card is very chic. :)

Donna Hanley  – (March 23, 2012 at 7:38 AM)

Glenda, Your cards are just gorgeous. Your coloring is beautiful also. Thanks for the inspiration today.

Operation Write Home  – (March 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM)

Glenda. it's such an honor to know someone like you...I'm so glad you came to that cardmaking party - and caught the bug!!! Youre a natural :)

Crafting Adventures  – (March 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM)

Beautiful cards! Absolutely love the way the colors pop on the first one!

Shari B  – (March 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM)

Glenda, your cards are beautifully designed and perfectly executed! All those years of quilting and other crafts have obviously sharpened your design skills! Thanks for sharing with us today! I agree - we want to see more!!!

Irene M. –   – (March 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM)

Glenda has been one of my dearest friends since 1973 and I have to say she's as lovely as her cards--giving, caring, kind, thoughtful, with a beautiful spirit. I know why she doesn't have a blog: her life is so full right now, there isn't room for one more thing! (Maybe I can talk her into using Facebook!)

Renee  – (March 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM)

Glenda your cards are so gorgeous and so cheery!! I would love to be on the receiving end of any of those!! I'd love to see more of your cards so think about a blog or flickr!

Paula S.  – (March 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM)

Glenda these cards are just beautiful! I love the variation in style and from the terrific coloring work to the small details there is something special about each one of them. Thanks for letting me share them with everyone today and providing such great inspiration too!

Anonymous –   – (March 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM)

Your cards are really great. I loved the pinwheel, and the Mother's Day, and.. oh heck...loved them all! Pat K.

Cynthia Coleman  – (March 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM)

Those cards are gorgeous! They are definitely just as good or better than the ones you buy in the stores!

Scrapacat  – (March 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM)

Glenda, these are truly beautiful. I especially love the "Love You" card. Thanks for sharing your talents with our soldiers and their families!
~ky

JoAnn Ross  – (March 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM)

Ooh! Love them all, but especially the coloring on the first poppy. Gorgeous job! And I'm a CAS black dress girl, too. As a rule.

Thanks for sharing your super cards, and you really can ignore blogs for long periods of times because I don't know how it is on other ones, but blogger lets people sign up to receive notifications by email when you do put some cards up so there's not a lot of pressure.

Or, as Irene said, maybe Facebook. I end up putting way more cards up there than I do my blog because I only have to write a couple lines about them without feeling the pressure of blogging. Also, it's easier for people just to see them all in one place on FB than looking through blog archives.

Carol L  – (March 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM)

Your cards are amazing Glenda! I love them all, but the first one with that gorgeous flower just won me over big-time! NJ on all of them!

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (March 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM)

very amazing cards - you must get a Flicker account at least so you can shre of your talent with us thanks for supporting OWH

Barb Housner

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead)  – (March 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM)

All are so nice. I would love to see more of your work.

SusanS  – (March 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM)

Glenda, your cards are great! I like that you have a variety of styles. They are all crisp and neat and your color choices are so cheerful. My fav is the mermaid. Congrats on being featured!

Rufus  – (March 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM)

What fantastic cards! Love the flower and what looks like a Mo Manning image on the second card. Great coloring skills!
R/

Lee Mae  – (March 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM)

Glenda, your cards are so fabulous! I love that first card's vibrancy. All of your cards, though, are wonderful. Must. Have. Blog. Please!!

Margaret  – (March 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM)

Glenda, your cards are great. I especially like that little mermaid.

Verna Angerhofer  – (March 23, 2012 at 7:14 PM)

I love all of your cards. I can see the joy of stamping coming through each and every one of them. I don't have a blog either....I am afraid I spend too much time on the computer now and not enough time stamping or cleaning house. LOL

verito  – (March 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM)

I love your cards,,the colors are fantastic, thank you for sharing ...

ThePurplePlace  – (March 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM)

Congratulations on being this week's featured card-maker! Your cards are fabulous and I'm sure they are a big hit when they are received!!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Sandi M. –   – (March 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM)

Your coloring is so beautiful...OK you have convinced me...I need to take a copics class and get these pens. Your cards are very beautiful done and so nice and clean.

Rae –   – (March 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM)

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL CARDS!!

s.frantz design  – (March 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM)

I am so proud of you Mom!! These are gorgeous!! Congratulations on being featured - you do wonderful work and it's so nice that it can be shared on the site! There is so much beautiful hope in your cards that is a blessing to the senders and the receivers. Love you!

Marianne  – (March 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM)

Glenda,
I agree you need to have a gallery your cards are so beautiful.

Just A Pac Rat  – (March 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM)

Beautiful cards! Thank you for using your talent to help out OWH with cards.

Just A Pac Rat