Featured Cardmaker: Samantha E., Fort Huachuca, AZ

Hello everyone! Before I introuduce you to this weeks featured cardmaker I'd like to remind everyone that the OWH Half & Half Mother's Day Card Drive is coming to a close. Pack up your cards and get them in the mail today so they reach your shipper by next Tuesday, March 2oth!

This week it's both my pleasure and honor to introduce you all to Samantha and to be able to share some of her beautiful cards with you. Samantha is an Army wife and sister. She serves as a Director on the OWH Board and helped to represent us at CHA. You can see more of her fantastic cards over at her blog Expressions of a Craftaholic. Please be sure to leave her some love here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping? 2 years this May!

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft? We have an extra bedroom that we use as a craft space for myself and my children.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I'm a pretty big fan of Hero Arts, Verve and SU! I also love twine and embossing folders.

If using twine on just about every card I make is a technique then yes!

I love to use the basics like white, black, and kraft and then accent it with some color. I have been known to make a bright pink card from time to time though!

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? I was searching for support groups for Operation Iraqi Freedom while my husband was deployed and Operation Write Home showed up. I checked it out and have been hooked ever since!

I'm from a very close military family. I have 2 brothers, a husband and several close friends currently serving. Being able to support them and others is all the motivation I need!

Donna Hanley  – (March 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM)

Fabulous cards - so creative. Thanks for so much inspiration. Each card is so special, but I am a sucker for those meeces so I have to say the HM card is my favorite.

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM)

I love your cards!! Thanks for sharing. Pat K.

Paula S.  – (March 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM)

Such a great group of cards Samantha! I typically gravitate to anything red, white and blue but I must say that the first card is my favorite. It's just fantastic! What a great combination of papers and I love the block feel and how you positioned the image at the top of the card design.(I'll be CASeing that very soon!) Thanks for letting me share your OWH story with everyone this week.

Julie  – (March 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM)

You always make such beautiful cards, Samantha! I spy a few sketches in there, too! Thanks for all the inspiration :)

TK  – (March 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM)

More ideas for twine! I LOVE your cards. And you've only been making cards for TWO years? Just WOW! Keep up the good work. And Yay for our military!

Ronni  – (March 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM)

Beautiful! I love all of your cards -but the papers on the first one were so great - I had to go back and look again!

Lee Mae  – (March 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM)

Love your cards! I especially like the first one, but they are all terrific. Thanks for sharing your cards with us!

eponinekc  – (March 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM)

Beautiful cards! I love using twine also. My favorite is the yellow and silver card. Love the colors! Thanks for sharing your talent with the OWH world.

JoAnn Ross  – (March 16, 2012 at 4:49 PM)

First of all, thanks you and your family for your service! Along with "adopting" several sailors, soldiers, and airmen through Soldiers' Angels over the years, two nephews did multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, including one who was stop-lossed as a medevac in Afghanistan, so yes, what TK said -- Yay for our military!

I love all these cards. I'm usually a CAS girl myself, so at first I was drawn to the white one with the flowers. But my eye keeps coming back to the top card. Love the placement and choice of papers! The mice are adorable, and I'm so stealing that perfect sentiment!

sherry varga  – (March 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM)

I love all of your cards and what great ideas you have. Thanks for sharing.

Rae –   – (March 17, 2012 at 6:54 AM)

These are lovely cards. All so different and thank you for some new ideas.

Debbie Anderson –   – (March 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM)

Beautiful cards Samantha! I love the variety and the colors you used, you make really great cards. Hugs to you and your adorable kids.

SusanS  – (March 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM)

Fantastic cards! They are all so different, but very special. I like your use of twine to "tie" everything together. {smile} Congrats on being this week's featured card maker!

Just A Pac Rat  – (March 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM)

Super cute cards! Thanks for using your great talent to help OWH.

Just A Pac Rat