Sketch Challenge #102

Happy New Year, cardmakers! I hope you resolve to do lots of sketch cards this year ;)!

Today's sketch is a great one to get started, if you've never done a sketch card before.

Quick reminders: all OWH sketches are designed for A2 sized cards since that is what we prefer (4.25" x 5.5") and the heart shape indicates the embellishment of your choice, it does not have to be a heart.

This week we are celebrating our former shipper Dixie, as you may have seen on the Midweek Throwdown post from Wednesday. More Dixie for us today, and this time she made the cards! She has three adorable sample cards for us this week. You can read more about them and her other beautiful work on her blog, What's Next? Thanks for the awesome samples, Dixie! Thanks so much for two years of nonstop shipping, too!

Have some ideas for this sketch now? Get busy and be sure and come back here to show us what you make!

To play along in this week's sketch challenge, simply upload a project using this week's sketch to your blog or online gallery then leave the link to that entry using the Inlinkz widget at the bottom of this post. And remember, you may use this sketch at any time. Feel free to re-post the sketch on your blog along with your card… then come back and leave a link for us so we may all see your cards!

We encourage everyone to take a few moments to visit and leave comments for the other participants. Comments are a wonderful way to say thank you for sharing your creative project and inspires everyone to create.

Donna Hanley  – (January 1, 2012 at 5:21 AM)

Dixie, these are all wonderful cards. Each is special in it's own way, but that first one has to be my favorite. Just so special for our heroes. Happy New Year

Paula S.  – (January 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM)

Great samples Dixie! I think the heart is my favorite... so clean and crisp with just enough detail but all 3 are nice interpretations of this sketch. Well done!

Ruby Craft  – (January 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM)

Great cards to start to a New Year! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm off to work but hope to get back to card making in the next day or so. What better way to start but with an OWH sketch. Love Dixie's cards. Have a Happy New Year!

ThePurplePlace  – (January 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM)

Wishing everyone a wonderful start of 2012! Let's hope this is a very peaceful year and that all of our troops come home safe and sound!

I'd also like to wish you all a year full of fun, creativity, laughter and lots of LOVE!!

Hugs,
Lisa

PS: Love the new sketch and Dixie's inspiration cards! I'm off to create and LOVE all my wonderful new Hero Arts Stamps! :)

Jen  – (January 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM)

Dixie, your cards are stunning! Love them! :)

airbornewife  – (January 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM)

What a fun sketch.. just printed off a copy and am off to make something.

Dixie, your samples are wonderful... I really like the "heart" one and was surprised to see that you made one with a heart.. yeah you!

thanks again for all that you do. ~ Pam

Anonymous –   – (January 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM)

What a fun sketch! I'm hoping to play with it soon.
Dixie, these are all wonderful sample. I especially like the one with the heart.

sf_crafter

Desert Rose Stamper  – (January 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM)

Dixie this is a fun sketch. I like how you something a little different with each card. The first one is my favorite -- clean and crisp. Thanks for everything you do. Much appreciated.

gbinion  – (January 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM)

WHAT?!?!? Dixie made a card with a HEART?!?!? Go Dixie!!!!

All these cards are beautiful, but the snowman is my fave!!

Ellen  – (January 2, 2012 at 5:24 AM)

Oh my goodness! I have been looking for a card challenge that was related to our soldiers and I just found you! I will definitely be getting involved. Thanks for the challenge!

Lisa Oliver  – (January 2, 2012 at 6:45 AM)

Beautiful cards Dixie! So glad to see more of your beautiful artwork lately!

CARO  – (January 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM)

Isn't it fun to have time to "play"? Those cards are so cute..I am going to CASE the house one since that's my fav and I have that set.

Sherry Hickey  – (January 2, 2012 at 8:41 AM)

Dixie, all 3 cards are wonderful! I love the red, white & blue strips on the heart card, the gorgeous house card (I want that set!!) and the cute cute fence and snowman! Awesome.

Marlene Diefendorf  – (January 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM)

Dixie, great sketch to start the new year. I adore all your cards but my fave has to be the snowman... love it!

Carol L  – (January 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM)

Thanks for inspiring us with such great card samples Dixie! They're all fabulous!

Susie  – (January 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM)

I started my blog tonight. By mistake I linked to the top ten (above). How do I delete my link? Thanks

Dixie Cochran  – (January 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM)

@Susie, there should be a red "x" beside your name. You click on that to delete.

Susie  – (January 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM)

Thanks Dixie for the reply, but...I have no X. Help, this is driving me nuts!! lol

Julie  – (January 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM)

Susie, I deleted it for you from the administrator's tools.

Susie  – (January 4, 2012 at 7:13 AM)

Thank you Julie. Have a great day!