Featured Cardmaker: Jeanne M., Paducah, KY

Happy New Year everyone! This week I have the pleasure of introducing you all to Jeanne from Paducah, Kentucky. (You quilters probably know that Paducah hosts the National Quilt Show). Jeanne and her golf professional husband have retired in their home state of Kentucky after spending many years operating golf shops and she now puts her experience in merchandise and visual display to work making cards as part of the OWH family of card makers. Jeanne doesn't have a blog so be sure to say hello and leave her your comments here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
2 years...My sister-in-law had a Stampin' up party and I was hooked from day one!!

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
Yes, it is an alcove in a bedroom upstairs. It works for me just fine, but it is mostly mish mash and hand me downs from my friends.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
Stampin' Up definitely. I belong to a stampin' up card club. We meet once a month and make 4 new cards using new techniques which our demonstrator (talented Gina) creates. She always inspires me to rush home and use the information she provides.

It would have to be  bringing all the elements together, the placement and layering, the material and embellishments.

I really enjoy using black as accent. It makes the cards pop. Another is all white or ivory and using different textures.

A church friend, Donna Lee

To honor the memory of my Uncle "Hoppy" who sacrificed his life while serving in the Korean War. Hopefully my cards will bring smiles to our heroes. It's a small way to say I love you and thank you.

Donna Hanley  – (January 6, 2012 at 3:35 AM)

Jeanne, Your cards are so very cute. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job keeping our heroes and their families smiling. I'm with you on using black. It really does make a card striking. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations.

Ronni  – (January 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM)

These are absolutely adorable - I can't resist the poodle card - I thought the first dog was my favorite - but the poodle made sme laugh because it was so cute! Great job!

Linda  – (January 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM)

Hello Jeanne! I think that last card is my favorite...but they all are great. Thanks for sharing your talents!

sherry varga –   – (January 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM)

Love your cards Jeanne. The poodle one is adorable.

Paula S.  – (January 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM)

I just love the paisley paper and colors in the first card Jeanne and the yellow and black poodle is adorable. I agree that a bit of a black (or other strong color) is great for contrast and really makes things "pop". Thanks for sharing your OWH story this week!

Sherry Hickey  – (January 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM)

Beautiful cards, Jeanne! Thanks for sharing your talents and your story with us! I love the flower & DP on your first card, the plaid DP against the leaf print DP on your last card; but every one is wonderful!

Carol L  – (January 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM)

Your cards are all so unique in your style and very pretty! I'm especially fond of the first with the bird and layered flower! It's nice to get to know you Jeanne :)

SusanS  – (January 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM)

Great cards! I like the variety. My fav is the 1st one....I love pink and birds! Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work.

Jen  – (January 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM)

Your cards are lovely! The 'pickup' one is super cute!

Desert Rose Stamper  – (January 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM)

Jeanne, thanks for sharing your wonderful cards. It is hard to pick a favorite but I think my two favorites are the humming bird and the deer. Thank you for sharing your talent and being part of OWH.

Marianne  – (January 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM)

Jeanne, you shared great cards. It was nice learning a little more about you. Thanks for supporting OWH with your great creations.

Aundria B.  – (January 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful cards, Jeanne. Hard to pick a favorite but the card with the pick-up and the flowers is just too cute! Thank you for supporting our heroes with these adorable cards.

Just A Pac Rat  – (January 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM)

Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing your talent and time with our Heroes.

circlebenterprises.com