Thanks to our heroes...

...at Hero Arts! It is just so darned cool that they're partnering with OWH in such a big way to help our heroes, and that makes them OUR hero! In that light, we've got a special challenge for you today - it's a 5-step one today, so pay attention....

1. Make a thank you card using at least one stamp. Yep! That's the easy part. You can use any stamps, but if you have something from Hero Arts, that would be awesome. And if you have the new stamps? Go for those! Normal OWH guidelines apply, so no glitter.
  2. Use an OWH sketch as the basis for it. Be sure to share which sketch it was!
  3. Share it using InLinkz below. (No blog? Check out the Flickr tutorial here.)
  4. Leave a comment for Hero Arts on this post. We'll be using quotes from those comments for something later. :)
  5. Send your card either to OWH for our heroes, or to Hero Arts! Of course if you send it to HA, you'd be writing a note in it...or if it's an AnyHero card it needs a note. Or you could send it blank to your shipper. As usual.
Hero Arts, Inc.
Attn: Mr. Aaron Leventhal
1200 Harbour Way South, Suite 201
Richmond, California 94804
Prizes
Of course we have prizes - you knew it! We're giving away three more stamp sets, one set to each of three lucky winners who play along. Woohoo!! Names will be drawn from those who upload a card AND leave a comment, so be sure to do both! Deadline: upload/comment before Christmas Eve! We'll announce the winners that morning so Sandy Claus can give out some candy that day.

Sample cards
This sample card uses a wide variation on Sketch 64...the stamp set is Year Round Sentiments (CL582). The stars are stamped in Colorbox chalk inks, and layers are plain heavyduty cardstock.
 This card uses Sketch #9, and also Year Round Sentiments (CL582).

These cards shown have already made it to our heroes to use and send home - check them out in the hands of our heroes at a USO in Afghanistan! All the cards they're holding in this photo are made with the HA/OWH sets - pretty awesome to see how much they love them too!
Time for you to go get busy now...have fun!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (December 17, 2011 at 9:24 AM)

What a fun challenge, I love the idea of using an Operation Write Home sketch for this too, great idea!

Hero Arts we LOVE your stamps!! (: Thanks for partnering with Operation Write Home!

adele holcomb  – (December 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM)

Love both of these great cards -- gave me some ideas of what to do with my new stamps! I especially like the pop of yellow with the red, white and blue.

Anonymous –   – (December 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM)

Great card samples. It's wonderful seeing the different ways that you can use one set.

Thank you very much, Hero Arts, for your wonderful stamps. I'm constantly adding to my Hero Arts collection and I'm still using stamps that I bought years ago. They still stamp as well as they did as when they were new. Thanks also for your support of OWH

sf_crafter

Carol  – (December 17, 2011 at 5:54 PM)

Thank you to Hero Arts for these wonderful new stamp sets. I love your stamps because they are such high quality and stamp such a beautiful image. I can't wait to get these new sets - maybe I will win a set!

Thank you OWH for all the work you do and that you continue to give such inspiration with your wonderful cards and sketches.

Ann  – (December 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM)

What a fun challenge! What great samples!
What a great combo, Hero Arts and OWH, beautiful, high quality stamps to make beautiful, high quality cards to send to our heroes! Yep, a great combo!!

Lucy  – (December 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM)

Thanks for the sketches and the "cards in action." It was nice to see some of the heroes enjoying the cards. You've created a beautiful partnership which I hope will continue.

Crafting Adventures  – (December 18, 2011 at 6:02 AM)

I think the new stamps are adorable and can't wait to be able to get them!

Cindy's Card Co  – (December 18, 2011 at 6:22 AM)

What a wonderful thing Hero Arts did by designing stamps with OWH. There are many stamp companies out there but this just shows what a fine company they are.

Linda  – (December 18, 2011 at 8:33 AM)

I cannot wait to mail my Hero Arts card. I need to check to see if the stamp set has arrived in Eastern Iowa! Thanks for everthing.

Tameko  – (December 18, 2011 at 1:38 PM)

Great challenge, and inspiration. OWH & Hero Arts a wonderful combination! Cant wait to get some of the new stamps.

Marsha  – (December 18, 2011 at 4:44 PM)

So happy that Hero Arts is getting on board with OWH. What a perfect company name - Hero. Our military Heros will be honored with these new stamps.
Love the cards. The stars and the sentiment go so well with each other - great set.

adele holcomb  – (December 18, 2011 at 6:16 PM)

I'm loving my new Hero Arts/OWH stamps! They stamp a nice sharp image, and they really stick to the acrylic block, then back onto the carrier sheet. It's pretty awesome that Hero Arts partnered with OWH to design these three great sets!

Anonymous –   – (December 19, 2011 at 11:12 AM)

I love all the new Hero Arts stamps and can't wait to find some in my local store. Thank you Hero Arts for supporting OWH and our Heroes! LynnR

Jen  – (December 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM)

Thanks, hero arts, for being SO fabulous to eagerly work with OWH and produce these amazing stamp sets! I have some arriving soon, I think, and I can't wait to make some cards!

Cora  – (December 23, 2011 at 5:18 AM)

Thank you Hero Arts for partnering up with OWH. Your generosity will not be forgotten.

AllisonG  – (December 23, 2011 at 8:37 AM)

Thank you, Hero Arts, for appreciating the vision that Sandy had and turning it into the perfect stamp sets for OWH card makers! I can't wait to buy them all!! You are certainly heroes in our book for helping us support our deployed heroes.

Barb's Boys Inspired  – (December 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM)

What a fun challenge...just made the deadline! Thank you Hero Arts for the marvelous new sets that go so well with the OWH mission! This challenge gave me the chance to use my new Hero Arts called Congrats...love the flourishes in this one!