Featured Cardmaker: Caro H., Mint Hill, NC

In case the arrival of the holiday season has kept you so busy you've missed it, OWH has a new East Coast shipper. Caro, lives a few minutes away from Dixie, and has been doing intensive training with her, she has taken over duties officially as of Thanksgiving. Be sure to make a stop over at Dixie's blog "What's Next" to thank her for her dedication and hard work on behalf of OWH.

Everyone who was shipping to Dixie should now be shipping to Caro and you can find her address in the OWH Mailroom. Of course you can leave your comments at the end of this post for Caro but be sure to make a stop over at her blog "Welcome to Scraps of Time" to see more of her great cards, learn more about her and see some pics of the new East Coast shipping facilities. :)

How long have you been stamping?
Not quite two years — after I retired in late December 2009

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
We turned a small third bedroom into my craft room when I retired. I've totally outgrown it, but it's pretty well organized, cheerful, and full of pictures, momentos and samples that I love.  And at least  I know where everything is! Do I have too much "stuff"?  My husband often reminds me that "Mint Hill does too have a scrapbook store."

Caro says that this card is a "work in progress" from a
new shipper who has not yet invented the 26 hr day, but
Maggies (Magnolia Rubber Stamps) are my first cardmaking love.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
Stampin' Up!, Impression Obsession, Magnolia and Hero Arts stamps; Copic markers; Tim Holtz Sizzix dies and distress inks. I have at least three dozen of the little Magnolia  Tilda stamps and I love 'em even if they don't have faces  - "grown up paper dolls."

Coloring with Copics, watercolors (crayon and pencil), and distress inks.

I Iove love fall colors but also lots of blues, soft greens and citrus colors for spring and summer.

From Dixie and friends of hers!

My husband was deployed in the Navy in the Indian Ocean in the '70s with port calls in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other remote places where there were no cards, internet and often few phones to keep in touch with loved ones. So many friends are veterans and many of my college friends sacrificed much in Vietnam. Sending cards to help our current heroes keep in touch with home is the least I can do to thank them for their service. Taking on the job of East Coast shipper is just taking that to another level!

Donna Hanley  – (December 2, 2011 at 4:03 AM)

Welcome Caro, your cards are so pretty and I'm getting ready to hop over to your blog.I want to thank you for the great service you have just taken on. I imagine it must be a taunting task to keep up with all of the cards and shipping duties so my hat is off to you. I'll be sending out a box the beginning of next week.

Ronni  – (December 2, 2011 at 7:22 AM)

Caro you are MARV-E-LOUS! Your cards are awesome! I love the name of your town. My favorite card is the two little girls! I just remembered that in your text you said "retired" - working as a shipper can't possibly mean "retired"!

Jean B in PA –   – (December 2, 2011 at 8:59 AM)

How creative your card with all the circles is! I don't do a lot of coloring. This looks like something I could case but using a pre-colored digi. Thank you for all the work you are doing for OWH!

Linda  – (December 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM)

Welcome! Really like the church card...great image and distressing. Thanks for sharing!

Paula S.  – (December 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM)

It's hard to pick one favorite by I like how you used the yarn and the beautiful coloring of the church image. And that lace, the images and color combo on the Paris card... Ooo La La! and or course that sweet Maggie's in the Santa hats are adorable. Thanks for sharing your cards this week and for coming on board as the new East Coast shipper Caro!

Carol L  – (December 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM)

It's nice to meet you Caro and see your pretty cards! Soon you'll be getting some cards from me, and I wish you luck in your new endeavor at OWH!

Teresa  – (December 2, 2011 at 5:56 PM)

Beautiful cards! I love the church especially!

Donna  – (December 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM)

Caro, I really love your cards.The children from the Magnolia stamps are so cute. I love the church and Paris card especially. Thank you for all you do and thank you for sharing!

Rufus  – (December 2, 2011 at 9:33 PM)

Welcome, Caro! I hope to get some Archway Valentine's/love cards out to you this coming week!
R/

Rachel Guerrero  – (December 3, 2011 at 5:20 AM)

HI Caro, I'm an east coaster too, so you'll be my shipper now. Thanks for taking on such a big job!

Dee N  – (December 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM)

Welcome Caro. I don't know how you find time to make cards when you're our new east coast shipper; however, your cards are so beautiful I can't pick a favorite. They are all lovely.

Just A Pac Rat  – (December 5, 2011 at 8:26 AM)

Welcome! Beautiful cards and thank you for taking to such a huge task. Happy Holidays!

circlebenterprises.com

Sherry Hickey  – (December 6, 2011 at 7:39 AM)

Hi Caro! Just wanted to chime in and compliment you on your gorgeous cards! The church card is so beautiful. Thanks for taking us on as our new East Coast shipper! It will be fun to get to know you!