Featured Cardmaker: Cara S., Phoenix, AZ

Hello everyone! If you need a break from the craziness of a busy holiday season grab a cup of your favorite beverage and take a look at these beautiful cards made by Cara, this week's featured cardmaker. Cara blogs over at Crafting Adventures where you will find more of her fabulous work, so extend your break time and hop over when you're through here. You can of course leave a hello and a comment for her here at the end of this post too.

How long have you been stamping?
Since I was a kid...I have a couple of stamps I have had since about age 10. I really got into it though about 10 years ago.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
Yes! I have a very supportive husband that has made me a wonderful space in our family room so I can leave stuff out. Before, it would be taking over the kitchen table for days at a time.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
Ribbon! I am a self confessed ribbon addict! Next to that, I don't know how I survived before my Scotch ATG and Copics.

Blending Copics on larger images and using Glossy Accents.

All of them...I go through different moods with the seasons.

I heard about it on a website (I forget which one).

I am so appreciative of the sacrifices that our men and women in uniform as well as their family and friends make every day. When I heard about OWH, I was so excited to see that there was a way for me to take something I love doing and turn it in to something meaningful for this very special group of people.

Cindy's Card Co  – (December 23, 2011 at 4:31 AM)

I love your kitty and flower cards. Two of my favorite subjects. I love my copics too, it's hard for me to make a card without coloring something.

Linda  – (December 23, 2011 at 6:39 AM)

Love that Birthday and kitty cards. Thanks for sharing your talents! Happy Holidays!

Ronni  – (December 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM)

Cara - your cards are absolutely beautiful! I enjoyed learning about you - and that there was a fellow OWH'er in Phoenix (I am in Peoria). Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Jan Hunnicutt  – (December 23, 2011 at 7:29 AM)

Nice to meet you Cara! I enjoyed seeing your cards and reading about you today. I'm in Arizona also but farther away than Ronni :) Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Jen  – (December 23, 2011 at 7:46 AM)

Beautiful, cara! I love that birthday card! Off to check out your blog!

Yvonne B.  – (December 23, 2011 at 9:37 AM)

Great cards, Cara! I really like your use of embossing folders and LOVE the "pinwheel" design that you embossed. That is a great effect! Thanks for sharing your cards.

Lee Mae  – (December 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM)

What cheerful, cute cards! Love the cat and the flower cards. Nice to meet you and see your wonderful cards. :)

Paula S.  – (December 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM)

Cara, these cards are all so cheerful and bright it's hard to pick a favorite! The "Happiness Always" particularly draws my attention because I like to make full use of nicer papers and it's a perfect way to nicely use scraps. I'm going to add it to my "to be cased" file. Thanks for letting me share your cards with everyone this week. Happy Holidays!

Berni  – (December 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM)

These are adorable cards. Love the colors and the creative designs, especially the pinwheel. Happy Holidays

Laurie R  – (December 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM)

Such pretty cards. The coloring is fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us!

Rea'  – (December 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM)

Love your cards especially the kitty ! Thank you for sharing!

sherry varga –   – (December 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM)

Cara, I love your cat card and your flower card is my favorite. How cute. Thanks for sharing and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (December 24, 2011 at 8:03 AM)

beautiful cards - thanks for your support of OWH

Barb Housner

Anonymous –   – (December 24, 2011 at 8:04 AM)

Wonderful cards, Cara.
I especially liked the "Happiness" card. A great way to use up all the scrap pieces of patterned paper.

sf_crafter

Sherry Hickey  – (December 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM)

Cara, I love each one of your cards so much I can't choose a fave--but I love how you tied the tiny ribbon around the flower vase! Thanks for sharing all these creations!