Sketch Challenge #96

Hello, friends! It's time yet again for the Sunday Sketch Challenge, but first, did you hear about the Archway + OWH Special Mission? Get your Love or Valentine themed cards in by December 10th to get Archway cookies sent to our heroes!

Try using this sketch to create a cute love card!

I have an adorable sample card for you today made by Dawn. Be sure and visit Dawn's blog The Chatty Stamper to see more of her awesome cards. Thanks so much for the cute sample, Dawn. I just love the paper pieced umbrella!

Okay, folks, go make a cute card! Be sure to come back here and link it up so we can all see!

To play along in this week's sketch challenge, simply upload a project using this week's sketch to your blog or online gallery then leave the link to that entry using the Inlinkz widget at the bottom of this post. And remember, you may use this sketch at any time. Feel free to re-post the sketch on your blog along with your card… then come back and leave a link for us so we may all see your cards!

We encourage everyone to take a few moments to visit and leave comments for the other participants. Comments are a wonderful way to say thank you for sharing your creative project and inspires everyone to create.

Donna Hanley  – (November 20, 2011 at 4:32 AM)

Dawn, This is so cute. Love the paper piecing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sherry Hickey  – (November 20, 2011 at 6:13 AM)

Hi Dawn, that cute image just makes me smile! I love paper piecing. Thanks for giving us ideas & inspiration for using this new sketch!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (November 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM)

Ohhh, I like this sketch! Dawn's card is so cute, love it!

HomeschoolHomestead  – (November 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM)

What a cute fun card. I love the mix of pattern papers and the use of paper on the umbrella.

Dawn  – (November 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM)

Thanks Ladies, Have fun and remember to post your pic!

Lee Mae  – (November 20, 2011 at 12:47 PM)

Great card, Dawn! I love the pieced umbrella matching the paper on the card!

Paula S.  – (November 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM)

Great sample card Dawn! The paper piecing really is an attention getter. It works perfectly with your image and both of the DSPs look great together

ThePurplePlace  – (November 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM)

Dawn - Your card is as cute as can be!! I love paper-piecing and it was a wonderful touch for this card!!

Great job!! :)

Linda  – (November 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM)

Super sample card...you made it look so easy! Thanks!

Donna  – (November 21, 2011 at 6:25 AM)

Dawn, I love paper piecing and the your card is so adorable. I really like the DP's. It is such a happy card. TFS

Sybrina K  – (November 24, 2011 at 7:31 AM)

Dawn,

This is such a cute card! Your polka dots on polka dots are perfect!

I took a little liberty with the sketch's dimensions and used 4 layers of white tulle to add dimension and texture -- which explains the not-quite-parallel XOXO rectangles. :)

Thanks to all for a great sketch and some great interpretations!

Marianne  – (November 25, 2011 at 10:53 AM)

I went into to look at several of the cards but blogger is not liking me today. You all did such great cards. My creative juices are really flowing now.