New! ODBD monthly challenge: Valentines

It's Sandy here with a special new challenge! Our new friends over at Our Daily Bread Designs came to OWH after hearing about us from a wonderful cardmaker, Michelle - and ODBD wants to sponsor a monthly challenge in support of our heroes! Woohoo!!

Every first Saturday we'll be posting the challenge here on the Stars and Stamps blog, and you'll have all month til just before next challenge starts in December to get your card linked up. ODBD is offering TWO generous $25 gift certificates for prizes, so you'll want a chance at that!

Bonus prize for our heroes:
Our Daily Bread Designs will be making a shipping donation based on the number of cards in the InLinkz (only one entry per person!) - ODBD will sponsor one large box of cards for every 25 cards linked to the challenge post, with a maximum of 2 boxes per month. So be sure to tell all your friends to come and enter the challenge too!
November's challenge: VALENTINES and LOVE cards!
Yes, valentines...it's time to really turn our minds from the Christmas cards for our heroes, since the elves are already en route - but we always need extra valentines due to all the new contacts we get every holiday season. You can use any products aside from glitter and follow the other normal OWH guidelines - ODBD stamps and supplies not required. (If you link to a card that doesn't meet the guidelines, your card will be pulled out of the drawing.)
I was so excited about this challenge that I grabbed this gorgeous butterfly corner stamp and went to town with it! I've got a few more ODBD cards on my blog today if you want to check them out.

I asked ODBD for some beautiful inspiration to share with you today - and spent HOURS in their gallery browsing. Oh MY! It was so hard to pick out just a few. You will absolutely want to go spend some time there...just check out the incredible detail in so many of their lovely creations!

Here are a few of the cards I picked out to share....

by Lisa Somerville, "Love that Binds" - blog: Designs by Lisa Somerville
by Angela Crockett, "Love is the thread" - blog Body, Mind, Spirit, and Stamps!
by Connie McCotter, "God Loves You"; blog: McStampin Dusk til Dawn

And if that didn't inspire you, check out their blog, too - they've got challenges going there as well, and beautiful eye candy to get your creative juices flowing:
ODBD Blog

Now go make a love card - and add yours in the InLinkz below! Let's see if we can reach 50 entries - one per person. Go share on your blog and get your friends to add a love card for our hereotoo!

adele holcomb  – (November 5, 2011 at 5:30 AM)

That is fabulous that ODBD is going to sponsor OWH on a monthly basis. The shipping challenge is the best part and I bet we can take full advantage of it. I'm looking forward to seeing what we link up!!!

Operation Write Home  – (November 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM)

I love love love challenges where cardmakers can benefit - but also heroes too!!

TK  – (November 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM)

That is so terrific ODBD is going to help out our heroes too! SUPER! I know I will be checking the entries and I'll try to put one up on this myself! :)

Lee Mae  – (November 5, 2011 at 1:49 PM)

I love ODBD! I have visited their website and blog for card ideas many times. I haven't been there in awhile, and after seeing the cards posted today, I can feel a bunch of ideas running through my mind for some cards. Thanks to ODBD for being so generous and donating their time and money to us! I am looking forward to the Saturday challenges!

Yolanda  – (November 5, 2011 at 5:52 PM)

Beautiful cards. This will be my crafty plan for tomorrow.

Paula S.  – (November 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM)

Thanks to ODBD for so generously sponsoring the challenge and our OWH mission!

NancyJB –   – (November 5, 2011 at 8:32 PM)

This is wonderful. I also like ODBD stamps and appreciate their sponsorship. I will be making a card soon.

Maggie  – (November 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM)

I just posted a card for the first time. I need better skills with my picture taking. It looks like there is no white border on the right side, I think the card was rotated. Thank your ODBD for supporting OWH, I love your stamps.

AllisonG  – (November 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM)

Thank you, ODBD, for supporting OWH and offering such a fun challenge and your generous support to the troops!

Cindy O  – (November 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM)

Thank you ODBD for this fun challenge!

Tameko  – (December 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM)

Glad I got to join in the fun. OWH & ODBD great combination!