Featured Cardmaker: Reta M., Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas

Happy Friday Everyone! This week it's my pleasure to be able to introdue you all to Reta and to share a few of her cards with you. Reta's cards are great examples of the "everyday" card designs that are always in demand for OWH since they lend themselves to use any time of year and for any occasion. She doesn't have a blog so be sure you say hello and leave your comments for her here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?  In 1996 a SU! demonstrator showed me how to heat emboss, and I have been hooked ever since.  I made mostly Christmas cards until I joined OWH in October, 2009.

Do you have a craft room?  I am lucky enough to have a craft room, but I like to assemble at the counter-height kitchen island.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?  Some of my favorite products are Spellbinders, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Martha Stewart punches, and SU! products.

Do you have a favorite technique?  I love the elegance heat embossing gives a card, and embossing folders give such great texture.

Are there colors you have to include on your cards?  I usually use a white or ivory card base, but I enjoy all colors.  If you look at my card stock stash though, you can see I really, really like light green and lavender.

How did you hear about OWH?  I first heard about OWH on a web site, but I haven't been able to find which one to thank them for leading me to OWH.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes?   Having shared 23 years of my husband's 28-year military career, I feel honored to be able to help our brave military men and women keep in touch with their loved ones, and I am thankful for OWH in providing the way to accomplish this.

Linda  – (November 18, 2011 at 4:42 AM)

Thanks for shaing you talents with us. Love your cards...the blue one with the middle strip is my fav!

Jen  – (November 18, 2011 at 6:13 AM)

Thanks for sharing your projects, Reta! I love your owl card. :)

Donna  – (November 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM)

Reta, I love the design of the owl card especially. I really like your paper choices...really nice card, but they are all great. Thank you for sharing.

Ronni  – (November 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM)

Wow - The cards are beautiful - The embossed squares is my absolute favorite! Thank you so much for sharing and being a part of OWH - we all benefit from seeing great card designs!

cindyann  – (November 18, 2011 at 9:39 AM)

Gee, these are lovely. I don't use my embossing folders nearly enough!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous –   – (November 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM)

Love th embossed squares! Beautiful cards.

Pat K.

Heidi  – (November 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM)

Very nice designs and thanks for the great ideas. Heidi

Debra  – (November 18, 2011 at 1:04 PM)

Like the square embossing card. There are some very happy families thanks to your beautiful cards.

Paula S.  – (November 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM)

Nice cards Reta! The embossed squares and the oval floral are both nice examples of cards without sentiments, this week's MidWeek Throwdown Challenge, and just in time to be CASED. Thanks for letting me share your OWH story with everyone this week!

Sherry Hickey  – (November 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM)

Nice to "meet" you, Reta; thanks for all you've done as a hero spouse! Your cards are all beautifully made; I really want to case the embossed squares card!

HomeschoolHomestead  – (November 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM)

Beautiful cards. I really like how you did the embossed squares in different colors.