Featured Cardmaker: Julie S. Buckley, WA

This week I have the pleasure of introducing everyone to Julie.  She is a "hero" mom and her lovely cards make it hard to believe she's new to card making. Julie doesn't have a blog so I hope that you will all take a moment to leave her your comments here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
Only started stamping and cardmaking when I heard about OWH earlier this year. I use to work at a local craft store so had lots of leftover papers etc from scrapbooking and decided to put it to good use. I was in contact with a very nice lady and she sent me lot's of idea's on cardmaking and how to put them together to look presentable.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
I do all my cardmaking on the dining room table where I can spread it out during the week for nightly work and clean it up for family Sunday dinner, as it's only me and my husband at home now. I have a computer room that I stock pile in and keep the cards until ready to send.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I don't have any real favorites but I do like HeroArts for stamps. I also like to buy the Stack Packs when they are on sale and I love my ATG gun.

No favorite technique's- just playing around with different designs and seeing what works. I may study a design for a while but when I have it down, I "go to town" on it.

I have a hard time getting into Fall & Christmas colors and masuline type cards but I try. I most like bright colors and that's why I love using the Stack Packs because they are all coordinated and I can usually use all the papers one way or another.

I went online and just started to "google" trying to find ways to help contribute to our troops. I started sending care packages and thought there might be another way I could help also. Then all of a sudden "operation write home" popped up and I thought what a great idea.

I have a "hero" myself as my son became a Marine last October and thought, when he deploys later this year I hope there are people out there that will help and support him any way they can, so cardmaking became my way of life so our troops do have a special way to reach their loved ones.

Special note: Glitter can be dangerous for our heroes so before you use any product that contains glitter please be sure to carefully read these guidelines.  None of us would want to endanger the safety of our heroes, so the best rule of thumb is "if you have any doubt, leave it out".

Donna Hanley  – (November 4, 2011 at 4:55 AM)

Julie, your cards are all so pretty. I layout and design is so eye catching. Thanks you for sharing with us and giving us some wonderul inspiration. Bless you and your family. We wish your son the very best with his upcoming deployment.

Marsha  – (November 4, 2011 at 5:52 AM)

Lovely cards. You really have an eye for color and design. Thanks to your son.

Jean B in PA –   – (November 4, 2011 at 6:07 AM)

Julie, you make beautiful cards. I especially like the yellow and blue on the bird card. And I like the combination of the border punched strip and the brads on the last card.

Paula S.  – (November 4, 2011 at 7:16 AM)

What beautiful examples of clean and crisp card design Julie! I particularly like the bird stamp with the text inside of it but each one of these is so nicely coordinated in terms of colors and papers that it's hard to choose a favorite. Thanks for letting me share you OWH story with everyone this week and thanks to your son for his service.

Ronni  – (November 4, 2011 at 7:38 AM)

Julie, your cards are just beautiful! The papers you use are great - and I clike the clean and simple statements that the cards make. You are really good at this!!!!!!!!!

Dotti's Hobbies  – (November 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM)

Hi Julie! We're almost neighbors (I live in Maple Valley, WA)!!! Thank you for sharing your cards with us - they're wonderful. I really like the color & paper combinations you use!

Linda  – (November 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM)

Julie...Thanks for sharing your talents with us! All your cards are so wonderful! Keep it up!

Ann  – (November 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM)

Thanks for sharing your great cards. It is hard to pick a favorite. At the moment I'm particularly drawn to the fall leaves. It is that time of year! They can be so versitile with any sentiment.

Lee Mae  – (November 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM)

Hi Julie! All of your cards are beautiful. I really like both of the leaves cards. I like how the paper just speaks for itself because it is so attractive. Thanks for sharing your cards with us. :)

SusanS  – (November 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM)

Hi Julie! I like the crisp lines and color combos that you used. My favorite is the Hello card. Thank you for sharing.

Donna  – (November 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM)

Hi Julie,
I love the color combinations of your beautiful cards. They are all great and the sparkle on the birds is so pretty! Thank you for sharing your lovely cards.My gratitude goes to your son for his service. Blessings to you and your family.

Anonymous –   – (November 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM)

Julie,
Your cards are beautiful!!!! I love the clean lines and color combos. My favorite is the "Hello" card, I have some very busy Christmas paper that would be great with that lay out. Keep up the great work!!! Many thanks to your son and you for his service---I will keep you in my prayers that all stay safe and well!! Denise I. :)

HomeschoolHomestead  – (November 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM)

Beautiful cards. You really have a talent for making cards. I like them all. I think my fav is the butterfly. Thank you for sharing. Thank your son for his service.

Anonymous –   – (November 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM)

Your cards are more than "presentable". I love the way you use colors.
Beautiful cards!! Pat K.

Rufus  – (November 4, 2011 at 8:23 PM)

Julie, your previous craft experience shows and the lady who helped you with card ideas is a marvelous mentor!! Your cards are fantastic and will be a BIG hit.
R/

Aundria B.  – (November 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM)

Your cards are so beautiful, Julie - thank you for sharing these wonderful cards! You have a great eye for putting colors and layouts together. And please thank your brave son for his service.

Cindy's Card Co  – (November 5, 2011 at 5:04 AM)

Your cards are beautiful for just starting out. Much better than mine were in the beginning.

ThePurplePlace  – (November 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM)

Hi Julie,
ALL of your cards are really wonderful and I'm certain that everyone who receives one is very pleased.

With all your talent, you could have a wonderful blog. I really enjoy mine and if you ever want to start one, I found that Blogger (from Google), was fairly easy to set up!!

Good Luck and thanks for sharing your talent with so many!!

Lisa

Jen  – (November 6, 2011 at 4:59 AM)

Your cards are lovely, Julie! Great work!