Featured Cardmaker: Lisa E., Taylorsville, NC

No doubt everyone is busy packing up those last Christmas cards for the fast approaching Oct. 31st deadline! I have some lovely cards to share with you this week that should get you in the mood to switch gears back to everyday designs. This week's inspiration comes to us courtesy of Lisa in North Carolina. Lisa blogs over at Lisa E. Design Blog so be sure to pay her a visit and of course leave her a shout out in the comments section here too!

How long have you been stamping?  4 years

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
My guest room doubles as a crafting space. Every dresser drawer is full of supplies. My stamps are stored in what is supposed to be the linen closet.  (The linens are in a box under the bed! I use those stamps a lot more.)

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
Stampin’ Up! Stamps and cardstock mostly along with Hero Arts and Hampton Arts. Papertrey Ink also has great cardstock. I’m a pattern paper addict.  Basic Grey, Crate Paper, October Afternoon really fit my style.

I like to try all kinds of things. Embossing was one of the first things I learned and I still love it.

One of the best things about cardmaking is the chance to work with every color at some point. You can try out a color you aren’t necessarily drawn to on a card without making a huge commitment. My all time favorite color is Stampin’ Up!’s Baja Breeze.

I saw some posts on Splitcoaststampers and checked it out. I had tried unsuccessfully to sell some of my growing stash of cards and was delighted to find a home for the cards I love to make.

When I was a child almost every man in my family was in the military at some point. I was 10 years old before I realized that all little boys didn’t grow up and go off to war. My Dad is a veteran having been drafted for Korea when he was 18. He often told me how alone he felt when he first arrived there. My aunts have talked about being the ones waiting stateside while their husbands were away during WWII and Korea.

With two long wars going on, it seems even more important to find a way to say thank you. I just imagine that I’m one of those family members waiting at home. It would mean so much to get a card with a note from overseas. It is a tangible connection and a keepsake. I’m very touched by the stories I read on Operation Write Home website. It makes our work of creating a card an honor.

Laurel  – (October 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM)

What lovely cards, Lisa. Very nice layering and beautiful DPs.

Nancy Keller  – (October 21, 2011 at 7:06 AM)

Thanks for sharing Lisa! I love your cards. That shade of blue is pretty... (on the Oprah card) ... I can sure see why it is a favorite! Beautiful work!!!

Ronni  – (October 21, 2011 at 7:56 AM)

Lisa - anyone would be cheered by receiving one of your cards! I love the paper you choose and how you put them together to make such attractive cards. Thanks so much for sharing! Keep those linens under the bed where they belong!

Sandy  – (October 21, 2011 at 7:58 AM)

Those patterned clouds just make me SMILE! They're all so cute, I love all the papers you use together :)

Julie  – (October 21, 2011 at 8:10 AM)

These cards are awesome! I see several I'd like to CASE! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Anonymous –   – (October 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM)

Your cards were a treat this morning. Loved them all, but the sunshine and clouds card still has me smiling! Thanks. Pat K.

Paula S.  – (October 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM)

Beautiful cards Lisa! You have a great eye for combining colors and patterns. My favorite is the "Have A Great Day" card... those polka dot clouds are so playful and all the patterns work so nicely together. Thanks for letting me share your OWH story and your cards here this week.

ThePurplePlace  – (October 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM)

Hi Lisa - Nice to meet you and see your wonderful cards! I rally love your style and I'm certain that your cards will be loved by all!

Thanks for sharing and also for being part of this wonderful group!

Happy Crafting,

Linda  – (October 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM)

Love love love your work! Fun mix of colors and patterns. That Many Thanks card stands out. Where is that sentiment from? I love Octover Afternoon also!

HomeschoolHomestead  – (October 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM)

Love your use of different papers. What a neat idea I love the patterned sun.

Donna  – (October 21, 2011 at 4:23 PM)

Lisa,
I love your cards! The Patterned
paper on the clouds and sun are so cute....love the colors.They are all just great! Thank you for sharing.

maryr917  – (October 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM)

these are really pretty cards Lisa-such an honor to be featured here

airbornewife  – (October 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM)

awesome cards Lisa.. thanks so much for sharing them with us all.

blessings ~ Pam

Crafty Khandy  – (October 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM)

Lovely cards. I love how you expressed why you support OWH. I totally agree!

Seongsook Duncan  – (October 21, 2011 at 9:23 PM)

Such beautiful cards and very inspiring motivation. Thanks very much!

Anonymous –   – (October 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM)

Beautiful display of colors. I especially love the "have a great day" card because of the use of the different patterned papers together and they all tie in. Thank you for sharing.
Julie S

suzyQ2  – (October 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM)

I love the design of the first card! What cuts did you use for the bird and branch? How did you get the effect on the third card? Your style is lovely and unique!

Sherry Hickey  – (October 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM)

It's great to have this pretty array of cards as we all move out of holiday card mode! So many great details in your cards; I love how you colored the sentiment in your thank you card to match the DP.

Just A Pac Rat  – (October 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM)

Love your cards, they are beautiful! TFS your talent with OWH!

circlebenterprises.com