Featured Cardmaker: Julie S., Ferndale, WA

This week I'd like to introduce you all to Julie from Ferndale. Julie has a great eye for combining color and I think you'll be as inspired by her beautiful cards as I am. She doesn't have a blog, but sounds like she might be coaxed into starting one. Be sure to say hello and leave her a comment here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
I have been stamping for just over eight years, paper crafting for ten.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
We don't currently have a spare room for me to use, so I've taken over one side of the master bedroom.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I rarely make a card without using my Cuttlebug in some way, and I especially like my Nestabilities and embossing folders. I'm also a patterned paper and ribbon "collector".

I don't do this technique often, but I've always really liked doing emboss resist. I enjoy watching my images "appear" as I'm putting ink on the paper.

I use more brown cardstock than any other color, and I'm also very partial to greens and purples.  It's interesting, blue is my favorite color in real life, but I don't include it on cards that much.

I read about them on Splitcoast a long time ago, but I didn't start until recently because of other committments in my life.  Once I cleared up my schedule a bit, I decided to jump right in.

Definitely the heroes themselves.  Through the internet I've been able to learn so much more about what these families sacrifice every day, and I want to bless them in whatever way I can.

Linda  – (October 7, 2011 at 4:58 AM)

Super duper cards! Hard to pick a favorite! The years card probably is a the top. Like how the colors on the sentiment echo the dp used! Thanks for sharing your talents.

Jen  – (October 7, 2011 at 5:28 AM)

These are lovely cards, Julie!

Crafty Khandy  – (October 7, 2011 at 6:17 AM)

I love how you soften the edges of things. I assume you are using an ink pad? You get a lot more 'coverage' than we usually see and the effect is lovely.

Anonymous –   – (October 7, 2011 at 7:36 AM)

Your cards are beautiful. I like the way you put colors together. My favorite aws the first one .. the blue flowers. Pat K.

granny cindy  – (October 7, 2011 at 7:38 AM)

The first card is my favorite--though I like them all. I like the combination of "busy" patterned paper behind a simple, lovely monochromatic flower arrangement. And the layering of colors behind the blue flowers picks up just the right colors from the background. You are an artist :)

Paula S.  – (October 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM)

Great group of cards Julie! All the elements... printed paper, solids and ribbons are so beautifully coordinated. I particularly like the combination of colors in the first one and how nicely you framed the image so that it stands out against the bold pattern. Thanks for letting me share some of your cards with everyone this week.

airbornewife  – (October 7, 2011 at 8:57 AM)

Julie... these are beautiful card samples... so beautiful they should be displayed on a blog! (hint, hint)... thank you for sharing your talent with us today. ~ Pam

Marsha  – (October 7, 2011 at 9:55 AM)

Love your cards, Julie. CAS but not boring. I live in Everson - we are almost neighbors !

Ronni  – (October 7, 2011 at 9:57 AM)

Great cards! I agree about the blog - it is addicting! Your use of patterned paper and coordination with the shapes for the sentiments is what impressed me the most. I enjoyed learning about you - and doesn't it just rock to be featured here!!!!!

Donna Hanley  – (October 7, 2011 at 1:07 PM)

Julie, Your cards are beautiful. I really think you should start a blog so we can see more of your beautiful creations. Give it a thought. Even if you just post once a week or so, we'd still like to see what you have to offer.

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (October 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM)

great cards Julie - be brave start a blog.

Barb Housner

Lee Mae  – (October 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM)

Your cards are lovely. I like each one of them. I like your last card the most because it is something I haven't ever tried to do before, which is stamp a whole panel. Since I don't color, stamping silhouettes is something I could do, hmmmm, I feel some Mojo... and I especially like it because the rooster looks like he is in the distance a bit behind the foliage. It makes him seem set apart and that goes with the missing you sentiment.

Thanks for sharing your cards with us!

Sherry Hickey  – (October 7, 2011 at 2:35 PM)

Wonderful cards, Julie, each so carefully designed and crafted. If I had to choose, I'd say the warm colors, inking and silhouette on the rooster card really strike me! Hope you start a blog so we can learn the different products you like to use! Believe me, if I could start a blog, anyone could, lol!

Anonymous –   – (October 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM)

I love your cards especially the "thinking of you" card. The way you blend your colors is awesome.

Ann  – (October 7, 2011 at 3:19 PM)

Julie, what a great bunch of cards. I really like the tree image and how it ties so well with the decorative paper behind. All your cards are great but this one really strikes me. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Kathy V.  – (October 7, 2011 at 8:26 PM)

Lovely bunch of cards Julie. I agree, you have a great eye for color. If I had to pick a fav, which isn't easy, it would be the rooster. It's nice to see a card that's done with just creative stamping and inking. And start that blog! It's a great way to get involved and share your talents!

Laurie R  – (October 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM)

Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing! Emboss Resist is my favorite technique as well!

Dawn Woolf  – (October 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM)

Julie your cards are amazing! I love them all but my favorite is the one with the rooster. The colors remind me of sunrise and it just looks like the rooster is ready to crow!

Thank you for sharing!

Marianne  – (October 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM)

I really think you should start a blog. I love how you use pattern paper as an intregal part of your cards.

Mary C  – (October 10, 2011 at 6:55 AM)

Hello Julie, I like the second one the most... no, wait, the paper on the fourth one is grabbing me too. NICE work! Blogging is fun, hope you go for it.