Tutorial - Fun Fold Card

Happy Day-After-Birthday, OWH! Did everyone get a piece of birthday cake yesterday? No? I was told there would be cake!

Ah well, we continue our celebrations with our regular Tuesday Tutorial. This week brought to us by our very own Jan of She's Gone Digital. Jan recorded this YouTube video recently, and we wanted to share it here.

I've grabbed some screen shots and am inserting some steps for those folks who have problems watching videos.

The front and back of Jan's card are two separate pieces of A2-size cardstock. (4.25" x 5.5")

The strip that goes between them is 11" x 3.25" scored at 4.5" and 9" as illustrated here. Click to enlarge.

Fold the strip as pictured below. You'll adhere the 2" end to the back of the front of your card, and the other end (4.5") to the front of the back of your card.

Once they're attached, your card opens as below. Look at all that space for our Heroes to write their families!

Here's a good shot of the front of Jan's card. She's a really talented digi-colorer.

Ok, you have the steps, and hopefully you've been able to watch the video. You are hereby challenged to make a fun fold card. Use the inlinkz below and share your fun with us!

Julie  – (September 13, 2011 at 6:49 AM)

Cool idea! Thanks, Jan! I'm going to try this!

Caro  – (September 13, 2011 at 6:56 AM)

I actually "get" this one from the post.... thanks, Jan! great tutorial.

Jan Hunnicutt  – (September 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM)

Nice job with the steps and screen shots Kate :)

Thanks for using my tutorial too, it's a fun card!

Anonymous –   – (September 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM)

That is soooo cute! I love the look of this card. Thank you for sharing!

Chrissy

One Scrappy Gal  – (September 13, 2011 at 1:08 PM)

Great card! I love to try out interesting folds. Thanks for sharing!

Paula S.  – (September 13, 2011 at 1:36 PM)

This card is just adorable Jan! I am so glad that the tutorial got posted here at OWH. I saw it when you first di it on your blog and thought it was one of the best video tuts I'd seen in a long time. So clear and easy to follow!

Jen  – (September 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM)

Thanks Jan! Can't wIt to try this! And your card is FAB!

Tameko  – (September 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM)

Nice card. Great tutorial and card design. Thanks for sharing.

BJ  – (September 14, 2011 at 6:47 AM)

Beautiful card and great tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany Temple  – (September 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM)

Jan!! I love it! I love hearing voice, too :) I'm going to give this card a try. You made it look so easy. Great tip on the Stampin' Up grid paper. Believe it or not, I never thought to use it for that. Ha! I just use it for protecting my work surface. I usually align things on my Creative Memories cutting mat. Silly me.

Ann  – (September 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM)

Jan, thank you for this great tutorial! And thank you Kate for putting it up! I'm still learning to color with my Copics, but I used a Basic Gray card kit I won at Express the Moment for this. It is a very fun and easy technique.

sf_crafter –   – (September 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM)

Your card is wonderful, Jan. Thanks very much for the great tutorial.