Featured Cardmaker: Ronni U., Peoria AZ

I am always so amazed by the enormously talented and creative cardmakers who make up the OWH family and this week's featured cardmaker is no exception. I know you'll be as inspired by these beautiful cards as I am. Ronni has a new blog you can visit at Ronni's Spot  and of course you can leave her your comments here at the end of this post too.

How long have you been stamping?
Since Dec 2010 - I scrapbooked prior to that.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft? I sure do! with a huge work area and cabinets.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
Definitely Stampin Up - they seem to be the best quality.

Not really - since I am learning all the time - I love the exploration.

I think I love white red and black the best - but also still exploring!

I looked online for card making donations - I had watched Oprah when Michelle Obama was on and the show was about how few people actually "do" for the troops - and I decided I could contribute and justify my stamping/card making addiction.

When I found OWH  it was a blessing for me, I suffer from chronic pain and when I don't have anything that "has" to be done I would often just not do anything  and wallow!  When I found OWH I had a cause - a place for my art and hobby - and a reason to achieve when I could. It is me who is lucky to have OWH!  Finding OWH gave me desire to achieve and pride in my creations AND justification to buy and buy and buy!

That they will have something pretty to send home - and in the area they are with the desert and the fighting - something pretty is cheerful!

Challenge: Are you ready to CASE Ronni's beautiful cards?

Yolanda  – (September 30, 2011 at 4:52 AM)

Terrific cards. I like the corrugated papers. Top one is my fave.

adele holcomb  – (September 30, 2011 at 5:20 AM)

Wonderful cards, Ronni! I love how diverse they are. The corrugated paper adds some wonderful texture.

Jean B in PA –   – (September 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM)

Ronnie, I love that two tone beige paper you used on the first two cards. It looks like it is corrugated but doesn't have the bulk. I also like the scalloped edge tag and the two different ways you used it.

Julie  – (September 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM)

Ronni, these cards are adorable! I think I'm going to have to CASE that first one with the tag - I have that die! Thanks!

Ann  – (September 30, 2011 at 9:37 AM)

Thanks for sharing your great cards. I really like the 2nd one with the heart flying out of the basket. Beautiful ribbon too.

Ann K, Seattle

Donna  – (September 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM)

Ronni,
Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. The tag on the first card is so different.It is a really pretty card.
The basket with the hearts really nice,so lovely. I love them all!

Sandy  – (September 30, 2011 at 10:25 AM)

I just love that sailboat card...totally need to find time to CASE it! Beautiful work, Ronni!

Paula S.  – (September 30, 2011 at 10:32 AM)

Each one of these cards has some special detail that draws the eye. I like how you sed the same die cut in the first and third cards with such different results. I think the sailboat is probably my favorite but it's hard to choose. Thanks for letting me share your cards and your OWH story with everyone this week Ronni!

TERESA D. - CUSTOM MADE SCRAPBOOK PAGES  – (September 30, 2011 at 10:46 AM)

Love your cards. They are all so beautiful. I think I like the sail boat the best.

Anonymous –   – (September 30, 2011 at 11:16 AM)

It's tough to be specific about what i like about your cards because they are all so beautiful. I loved your layouts and color combos .. everything!! pat K.

Kathy V.  – (September 30, 2011 at 11:23 AM)

Love the way you used the corragated paper for that extra pop of texture. Very effective. The sail boat especially caught my eye--really like the layout and colors. Congrats!

Anonymous –   – (September 30, 2011 at 1:50 PM)

Great looking cards. You are terrific! Carl

Becca Sadler  – (September 30, 2011 at 2:22 PM)

Kudos on being spotlighted for OWH! I really enjoyed seeing the variety of styles, colors, designs, and techniques you are incorporating into your cards. Keep on crafting and donating. OWH is a very worthy cause.

Carmen O.  – (September 30, 2011 at 2:50 PM)

Wonderful cards! I really like each and every one of them. It's great to get to know you! Thanks for the inspiration.

sf_crafter –   – (September 30, 2011 at 5:01 PM)

Ronni,

Your cards are wonderful. I especially like the sailboat card with the different textures, and the great layout and color combination.

Anonymous –   – (October 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM)

You are wonderfully talented!
Melissa Geiselhofer

Sherry Hickey  – (October 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM)

Excellent cards, Ronni! So nice to "meet" you! I especially like your birdcage card. Happy cardmaking!