Featured Cardmaker: Sandi M., Fremont, CA

This week it's my pleasure to share some beautiful cards made by Sandi from Fremont (in the lovely San Franciso Bay Area). Sandi does not have a blog so I encourage you to leave comments and a hello for her here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
I've been stamping since 1990, and that seems like it was forever ago now! I went to a home party and saw embossing demonstrated and was hooked. At that time that was the big excitement in stamping, and just look at what is available to us now!

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?  I do have a dedicated craft room and I just love being in my room surrounded by all my stamps, papers, and fun stuff.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
 I love all the beautiful papers that are available now because of scrapbooking and tend to use a lot of papers on my cards now. We are so fortunate now to have so much available to us. I especially like K & Co. paper stacks and individual papers because they are so vibrant and colorful, plus they have embellishments to match.

I like all colors, so I do a variety of colors and cards.

I found out about OWH through an online stamping group I belonged to which unfortunately is no longer a group.  I had asked about sending cards to troops and wondered if anyone knew of an organization and OWH was recommended highly as a place that was well organized, has lots of support for cardmakers and shows appreciation for the cards received.

I feel so fortunate to have found OWH and love making cards for our military heroes. I know they are so appreciated and doing this small thing for men and women who are risking their lives on a daily basis for us just makes me feel good and like I am doing something to help.

Kathryn  – (August 5, 2011 at 5:53 AM)

Sandy, I love all of your cards! I think my favorite is the seashell card because it's so elegant and a great use of patterned paper. Thanks for sharing your talent with us! You should think about starting a blog. :)

Nancy F. –   – (August 5, 2011 at 7:26 AM)

Beautiful cards! I love the tiny sentiment you used with the house mouse stamp and the watermelon card has my mind gears a-turning! Thanks for sharing!

Paula S.  – (August 5, 2011 at 7:35 AM)

These cards are all so nice Sandi! I am particularly inspired by the ones without sentiments. They are often a struggle for me so I almost always include a sentiment but for OWH a no sentiment card gives our heroes so many extra options. You have inspired me to try to include more in my boxes. Thanks for letting me share your OWH story and beautiful cards with everyone this week!

ThePurplePlace  – (August 5, 2011 at 8:28 AM)

Sandi - I think your cards are all lovely and love the variety. The first card reminds me of home, being a beachy/ocean theme. I love the colors too.

I also used to love to collect sand dollars at the beach when we were kids...a fond member.

:) Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent! :)

Happy Crafting,
Lis

Ann  – (August 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM)

Sandi, I love the watermelon card! Actually, all of them but the watermelon really struck me. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

Ann K, Seattle

Anonymous –   – (August 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM)

Your cards are beautiful!! I love the sea shell card..also a reminder of my childhood home. And the mouse card is a heart stealer! Love your work. Pat K.

Carol L  – (August 5, 2011 at 5:38 PM)

Your cards are all very pretty and each one is special! I love that vertical birthday sentiment stamp! NJ doing what you do for OWH!

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (August 5, 2011 at 7:19 PM)

your cards are beautiful - love all our color combinations.

Barb Housner

Janeen  – (August 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM)

Beautiful work Sandi and thanks for supporting the troops. I love your fun watermelon card.

Anonymous –   – (August 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM)

Sandi, Your cards are beautiful and I can see the love that you put into making them.
Your papers are great in the seashell. Always love the house mouse stamps.
Keep up the great work

Kris Whittaker –   – (August 5, 2011 at 8:40 PM)

All of your cards are beautiful, but I especially like the seashell card. The colors are yummy!

Nana Connie  – (August 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM)

Gorgeous cards, Sandi! Love the seashells especially but their all fantastic. Nice to meet another No. Californian here. :-)

Donna Hanley  – (August 6, 2011 at 5:54 AM)

Sandi, I just love each and every one of your cards. My heart always melts for the House Mouse images. You are a very talented lady and OWHis very lucky to have you on their team of cardmakers. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous –   – (August 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM)

Your cards are wonderful. They brought back so many happy memories! Trips to the beach, eating watermelon in my grandmother's backyard, and picking fresh strawberries. You know how to tug at the heart strings. Thanks for sharing your talents. And more especially, thanks for supporting our troops and their families!

Debra  – (August 6, 2011 at 7:01 PM)

Love your beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Linda  – (August 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM)

Super cards! The card with shell really rocks! Thanks for sharing your talents!

SuzAnn –   – (August 7, 2011 at 3:36 PM)

Sandi, I really like your style and all of the cards are amazing. Thanks for being part of OWH!