Featured Cardmaker: Donna H., Seekonk, MA

This week I'd like to introduce you all to Donna. In addition to being a regular participant in the OWH challenges Donna blogs at Designing Keepsakes so be sure to go pay her a visit and check out more of her great cards.

How long have you been stamping?
About 7 years now, boy has that time gone by fast.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?  Yes, I am very lucky to have been able to to turn a spare bedroom into my craft room. I did not know I could cram so many things into one room.  I don't think you can ever have a big enough craft room though.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
At this point, I have two favorites, the Big Shot and Nestabilities. Both of these products are able to give you such a nice diverse range of designs.

Copic coloring is quickly becoming my favorite.

I seem to reach for green, blue and black, but I try to keep in mind that these cards are not for me, so I am trying to make an effort to use all different colors as we are sending cards to many people with many different favorite colors.

I was following the blog of a fellow OWH card maker, Lisa Haines, and she mentioned OWH in one of her posts so I immediately visited the website and started to make cards for our heroes that very same day.

I feel that if these men and women put everything they have aside and travel worldwide to protect us and our freedoms, that the least I can do is try to do my little part to make the lives of them and their family members a bit better while they are away from home.  Sometimes we tend to think that there is nothing we can do, but just putting a smile on someone's face or brightening their day a little bit is a big deal and I am so very proud that all of us at OWH able to do that with our cards.

Linda  – (July 8, 2011 at 6:35 AM)

Love that first card! That ribbon through the border really sets it off! TFS!!!

Paula S.  – (July 8, 2011 at 8:08 AM)

I love the fishing boy image and how you wound the twine around the two brads! I am always on the lookout for ways to add embellishments and ribbons without too much bulk an I will definitely be adding that to my idea file. Thanks for sharing your cards and your OWH story with everyone today Donna.

Jennifer  – (July 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM)

Great cards!!! Love the flower on the last card, so simple and pretty.

Carol L  – (July 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM)

Donna, the day I got to know you better was one of the best days ever! All of your cards are amazing, and I just love how you do those alcohol backgrounds!
Keep on doing what you're doing my friend, because our men & women in uniform appreciate it!
I'm delighted to see you as a featured card maker today! ((hugs))

ThePurplePlace  – (July 9, 2011 at 5:38 AM)

Congratulations Donna! I was so excited to see that you were the featured card-maker this week!!

Imagine my surprise when I saw that you mentioned my name - Thank you so much, for being so sweet!!

I am very happy to have met you and thrilled that you are now one of the OWH card-makers and a fabulous and very talented crafter too! :)

Hugs,
Lis

Desert Rose Stamper  – (July 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM)

Congratulations on being featured as one of OWH cardmakers. I enjoy viewing all of your cards and look forward to seeing your cards in the challenges.

Anonymous –   – (July 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM)

Fishing boy won my heart! But they are all very nice! Pat K.

Sherry Hickey  – (July 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM)

I so enjoyed your beautiful cards, Donna! And I always love hearing how people got started in cardmaking! I love the little fisherman boy; I also like the card with the embossing frame; I've seen those and wasn't sure how I'd use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lee Mae  – (July 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM)

Your cards are really pretty, especially with the embossing and shine (alcohol inking?). The first card is very attractive, I really enjoyed looking at it. I like the fishing boy best though, but I think it's because I have been making so many boy cards lately!

Just A Pac Rat  – (July 11, 2011 at 4:01 PM)

Great cards!

circlebenterprises.com

Kathy V.  – (July 16, 2011 at 8:23 PM)

Cute cards. Especially love the fisher boy, but the last card is wonderful, too.