4th of July Party: Challenge #16

Our final challenge of the day! Please leave us a comment to tell us what you thought of this format - hosting the challenges on different blogs, but linking to each of them here on S&S.

This might be Ciara's favorite challenge:
All About Animals! Go get details on Trish's blog,
 Mouseprint Creations, and join in the fun!

You've all been patiently waiting for the winners of the Second Million Challenge: Congratulations!

Ann M

Therese D
Lewiston ME

Tracy F
New York NY

Trish C
Spring Valley MN

Crafty Khandy  – (July 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM)

I loved this format. I have caught the tail end of some blog hops before and never feel like I saw everything. This was perfect for me.
I like that I didn't know the challenges to come (though it would be kind of nice)
Since I make 6 cards at a time this was a great way to get my box stuffed. Can't wait til the next one!

Carol  – (July 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM)

Congrats on a fun filled weekend full of challenges OWH. I enjoyed this format and didn't feel rushed to get from one to another. I am behind right now but working on catching up. I am glad that I don't have plans tomorrow other than working on my card challenges! My plan is to attempt to make a card from each challenge, then go back and make several of my favorites to help fill up my next box for OWH. Thanks for all the challenges!

Carol L  – (July 3, 2011 at 7:31 PM)

This was a little hectic to be playing along with so many challenges, (cuz I'm a slow crafter) but I still prefer this format over a blog hop. With the number of blog hop participants growing so quickly, it's just impossible to visit so many blogs and leave comments on them all. After an hour I'm usually ready to move on to something else, and I know I miss a lot of good stuff, but there's only so much I can do, KWIM? This was fun and I didn't have to sit in front of the computer for long periods of time.You did a great job putting it all together and I'm proud to have taken part both as a challenge provider and player.
Happy July 4th!
oh, and congrats to all those lucky winners in the second million challenge!

Karen Howard  – (July 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM)

Wow, super fun! I really enjoyed this type of event and hope we are able to do this often! I've posted cards so far for 2 of the challenges but am working on more of them. Thanks so much for the inspiration! Hugs, Karen

Shari B  – (July 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM)

I'm so excited! I won, I won! I haven't won anything since I won a months supply of Pampers for my son, and he's going on 34. Thanks for hosting the 4th of July Party! It's been a great inspiration and lots of fun!

Velda  – (July 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM)

I enjoyed the challenges because they led me out of my comfort zone. I couldn't do them all because of commitments at home. I will continue to work on those I missed and make more of those that I was able to finish.

Robin  – (July 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM)

This is my first participation for anything with OWH, but it was a lot of fun. I didn't have any crafting motivation yesterday, so I plan to catch up tomorrow. I really enjoyed this because it gave me information for other types of cards and will give me more variety. So far 5 cards done - planning on sending my first package in when I get all the challenge cards finished.

Anonymous –   – (July 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM)

I like this format. It's fun and challenging but doesn't seem to be overwhelming. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes, but if it's manageable, could we pls do this again fairly soon?

Desert Rose Stamper  – (July 3, 2011 at 8:56 PM)

I enjoyed this format -- as others said it didn't feel hectic - although I've made about 8 of the challenge cards -- I haven't posted any as yet -- I wanted to finish all of them tomorrow (the 4th) and get them posted. It was like a scavengar hunt in my craft room -- I don't have a huge selection of stamps nor do I have a lot of cutters, i.e. cuttle bugs, etc. Sooo I had to use the ole noggin and come up with some different ideas for some of the cards. I did enjoy the challenge. Thanks for putting this all together -- you did a fantastic job.

Tami B.  – (July 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM)

This was a lot of fun. I didn't get to do all the challenges I wanted to and may try tomorrow, if time permits, to do one or two more that I wanted to try. Thanks for putting the party/hop together for us.

sf_crafter –   – (July 3, 2011 at 9:41 PM)

I'm really enjoying this format. While blog hops are nice because you get to see a lot of different styles, this format is a lot of fun because you're actually challenged to create something. I've already participated in one challenge and hope to do more. Thanks very much for hosting this and I hope you will do it again.

Nancy Keller  – (July 3, 2011 at 10:29 PM)

Please please can we do it again! I also agree that this "Virtual Card Making Party" was more fun than the usual "hop" - it allows more time to work at your own pace, focus on the blogs that are hosts AND you have cards made when it is over! Oh, this was really, fantastically enjoyable. I would love love LOVE to see a Virtual CHRISTMAS CARD making party. . . now that would be fun!

Anonymous –   – (July 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM)

Ive never done anything like this before, but I loved it! I am already looking forward to the next one. I've had mojo all over me this weekend. Can we bottle that stuff for the slow days? Pat K.

Yvonne B.  – (July 3, 2011 at 11:54 PM)

I loved this cardmaking party! I liked that we got to participate along with the blogger and the frequency (every two hours) was perfect. I was on the run a lot the last two days, but I have a chance to kind of catch up tomorrow. I don't HAVE to get everything done by the end of the weekend, since the links will be open longer. I'm not a FaceBooker, so this was a really nice opportunity for me. Thank you!! LOVED IT!

eponinekc  – (July 4, 2011 at 5:20 AM)

Although I couldn't participate this time, I did peek in every once in a while during the challenges. Love the ideas and would love to try it out next time. Also, can't believe I won the 2nd million challenge. I never win! Thanks for all the inspiration.

Linda  – (July 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM)

I love this format!, there was inspiration and participant involvement. I cannot wait to go back abd look at others submissions. My only suggestion is to have a running list of the Challenges on one page (if possible. I kinda got lost at times, because of skipping around. A Christmas Party is a great idea!

Paula S.  – (July 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM)

This was great fun and a nice way to allow everyone to participate without them really having to plan ahead. I wasn't able to do all the challenges and though it took me longer than I would have expected, it was fun having to be creative and improvise to meet some of them. It's also great that the they were quite varied so if you couldn't manage a particular theme you could move on to another one.

Happy Independence Day!

One Scrappy Gal  – (July 4, 2011 at 9:01 AM)

This format was so much fun! IT was exciting to try to finish one challenge before the next one came up, fun to see what the new challenge was and it all made for a really fun time! I was, unfortunately, interrupted by 2 children, one of whom wanted to make a card, so I encouraged it. Please do this again!

Trish  – (July 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM)

Although I was gone most of the weekend with family, it was a fun party. I can't believe I won the second million challenge. Let's do this again!! Thanks Sandy and OWH.