Featured Carmaker: Rosa Lee T., San Jose, CA

Hello everyone! Are you ready to take a short break from getting ready for this weekend's blog hop? This week I'd like you to meet Rosa Lee. She's part of the stamping group at the Los Gatos Elks Lodge who were featured here back in August of 2010. She does not have a blog so be sure to leave her a comment here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
I have been making OWH cards for about eighteen months or so.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
I make my cards at my dining room table and put everything away when I am finished. I have a rolling cart with drawers that holds most of my supplies that I roll into my closet. I average around 70 to 80 cards a month as time permits.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
I have purchased a great many clear stamps and love using those. I also like the EK edge punches.

I am learning as I go, and Cindy has taught me so much, that I really don’t have a favorite technique. My cards today look so much better than when I first started... guess the most important thing I have learned is to layer, layer, layer.

I try to use all colors as long as they look nice. Since someone else will be selecting the card to send to a friend or loved one, I like to make a variety, not every one has the same taste.

My husband belongs to the Los Gatos Elks Lodge and they help “sponsor” our little group of card makers by providing us the use of monthly meeting space and some money for supplies. OWH is one of their projects. One of the officers of the lodge asked me if I would be interested, so I started attending. I must say that without Cindy Etkind and her tireless efforts, patience, suggestions, supplies and time, we would not have achieved the 10,000 card level in so short a time. She is amazing and deserves a “standing ovation”.  As a matter of fact, she was presented a plaque for “Citizen of the Year” by the Los Gatos Elks Lodge just this month!!

I am NOT a scrap booker or card maker for my family and friends. I make these cards because it gives me a “warm and fuzzy” to think that they in some way help our troops overseas and their families. I hope the following answers are what you needed. It just feels good to do something for someone else, especially in this situation. My husband served in Vietnam and says that this is such a wonderful thing that we are doing. He and the others that served in that war had nothing like this and it was greatly needed.

Joan V  – (May 27, 2011 at 4:03 AM)

Rosa, what a wonderful thing you are doing by making all the cards. It is people, like you, that make the world a wonderful place. Love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

Linda  – (May 27, 2011 at 4:50 AM)

Thanks Rosa! What wonderful cards!!!

Just A Pac Rat  – (May 27, 2011 at 4:59 AM)

Wonderful cards, thanks for helping out!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Sherry Hickey  – (May 27, 2011 at 5:16 AM)

Hi Rosa, such beautiful cards! They have a clean & elegant simplicity, yet lots of layers that give them depth. Congrats to you and your group for all the cards you make for OWH!

Julie  – (May 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM)

Beautiful cards, Rosa! Thanks for all you and your group do for Operation Write Home!

Ann  – (May 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM)

Thanks for sharing your lovely cards. I really like the layout of the yellow and green happy birthday card.

Ann K, Seattle

Cora  – (May 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM)

I especially like the last one with the birds. It is so peaceful

Paula S.  – (May 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM)

These are all so pretty Rosa, I particularly like the love you card and how you incorporated the heart doily so nicely. I couldn't agree more that it really does feel good to do something for someone else. Thanks to you and all the members of your craft group for being a part of OWH.

Dolores A.  – (May 27, 2011 at 3:34 PM)

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful cards with us.
Please pass on our appreciation to your group for helping out on this worthwhile project.

Tiffany Temple  – (May 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM)

Thanks for sharing! Rosa, you and your friends are such an inspiration! Keep up the great work! Your cards are beautiful!

Yolanda  – (May 27, 2011 at 4:09 PM)

Love that heart card. Thanks for all your efforts! Tell your husband thanks for his service in Vietnam.

Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM)

Your cards are just beautiful!

Marjorie  – (May 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM)

Very nice cards.

? Where did you get the pretty heart doily? Is it a die?

marjorie_brundage at sbcglobal dot net

Donna Hanley  – (May 28, 2011 at 5:11 AM)

Rosa Lee, Each one of your cards here are beautiful. I love how you put the flowers on top of the "candle" on your birthday card. Your love you card is precious and the colors in the birds card are so nice. Your just because card is beautifully laid out and I love the designer paper. I think you should start your own blog to make it easier for us to follow you and see your wonderful creations. thank you for sharing.

Anonymous –   – (May 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM)

Your cards are wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

Betty T.