Featured Cardmaker: Pam T., Raeford, NC

Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day and in honor of it we have a special treat. I have the great pleasure of introducing you all to Pam, who is not only a talented and creative cardmaker but a military spouse as well. Pam has a wonderful blog where you can see more of her cards and she has some great blog candy (Hero Mail stamp set by Amuse used in this first card) she is giving away so be sure to go visit her at airbornewifestamping.blogspot.com for details.

Tell us a little about yourself and what it's like to be a military spouse.

My name is Pam and I am an Army wife, daughter, sister and Air Force Mom. I love getting to meet new people, moving often (we're moving in about a month), and living in new places. My kids might not feel the same way when it's time to move, but by the time we get to where we are going, get settled in, and meet new friends, they always end up liking where we move to.

I have been around the Army my entire life. I was born here at Ft. Bragg, NC as was my youngest daughter. We currently live in Raeford, NC but in a month or so it will be Ft. Bliss, TX.

There's a saying that being an Army wife is the toughest job in the Army. I think that is such a true statement. Though most of the time life is great, there are times when your husband or family member deploys and it can be tough. We were very fortunate on my husband's last deployment to be able to receive emails with photos and videos… this made it much easier on me and the kids.

How long have you been stamping?  Since about 2003

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
When I was looking for a house for us when we left Ft. Leonard Wood, MO heading to Ft. Bragg my husband said to find one with a bonus room for my stamping room. I have a huge room that I have so enjoyed the last three years.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?
Dimensionals, Dimensionals, Dimensionals!!! I love them. Specifically the Stampin' UP! brand.

I love to emboss. You get instant gratification when you run that folder with your card stock through the machine.

I really love fall colors but try to keep an assortment of colors on the cards I make. It just depends on what kind of card I'm making.

I have known about OWH for a while, I think I read about it on SCS (SplitCoastStampers), but hadn't sent in any cards until earlier this year. I usually had an outlet to send my cards to with my husband, two brothers or friends deployed. Everybody is safe at home, so I needed another outlet and thought I'd send them to OWH.

I know first hand how the cards that are sent to deployed military make an impact. I also know as a military spouse whose husband, friends and family deploy a lot, how nice it is to receive something in the mail from our loved one. I know that if I feel that way, there are many other military members families/friends that feel the same. That is what keeps me making cards.

I personally want to thank everyone who makes and sends cards into Operation Write Home. You all are truly a blessing to our military and this Army spouse greatly appreciates all you do ~ this includes the awesome shippers Sandy, Kris and Dixie. God Bless you all.

Kimberley Martini Young –   – (May 6, 2011 at 5:58 AM)

Pam-I would love to be like you when I grow up. I love how you do multiples of your cards and that inspires me. I really enjoy the hummingbird card that has all the layers on it.

Carole –   – (May 6, 2011 at 6:20 AM)

What a special tribute to a dear friend and stamping buddy. Miss you, Pam, and look forward to the day you move back to Missouri and we can again have our good times stamping.

Paula S.  – (May 6, 2011 at 8:53 AM)

Thanks so much Pam for sharing your wonderful cards and a bit if what it's like to be a military spouse with everyone today.

Lisa Oliver  – (May 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM)

You are MY hero Pam! I love your style and I look forward to every new blog post - thank you for sharing your talent with us. I love every one of these cards - congratulations on being this week's featured stamper.

Anonymous –   – (May 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM)

Pam, your cards are wonderful! I like every one of them. I especially liked the pinwheel card. Thank you for sharing your cards with us.

A fellow embossing fan,

Lee Mae

Dixie Cochran  – (May 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM)

Well done, Pam! Your cards are always amazing!

Christine from FL  – (May 6, 2011 at 2:26 PM)

Great cards! I really like the red white and blue pinwheel one. Thanks for the insight on what it is like for a military spouse.

Anonymous –   – (May 6, 2011 at 4:43 PM)

Nice job Pam!!!! You are an inspiration to us all---love your cards, I too have become an embossing fan. Thank you and all your family for their service both past and present. Stay strong!!!!
Denise I.

by Pegg Thomas  – (May 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM)

You go, girl! Your cards are awesome, truly, I'm always so impressed with your work.

Carol L  – (May 6, 2011 at 5:50 PM)

I've always admired your cardmaking skills and the cards you shared here are all fabulous! I just love how you rounded off one corner of the pinwheel card that gives it a fresh new look! Kudos to you for moving so many times and actually enjoying it! Best of luck in your next move, but I'm glad we'll still get to enjoy your cards wherever you roam. I love making and sending my cards to OWH, knowing they're being used and appreciated by our military families! Yay you!!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (May 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM)

Hi Pam! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better today, your cards are just gorgeous! I love every one of them :) Thanks for the sacrifices you've had to make on our behalf as a military wife.

I hope your move goes well and you enjoy your new home.

Operation Write Home  – (May 6, 2011 at 7:35 PM)

Pam your cards are so wonderful - and thank you so much for all YOUR sacrifices as a military wife. You're the glue that holds it all together!

Sherry Hickey  – (May 7, 2011 at 6:25 AM)

Pam, your cards are always fantastic -- I learn from you and am inspired by your enthusiasm! It has been so much fun to get to know you through OWH!! Good luck with the move to TX. Thanks for all you do as a military spouse.

Donna Hanley  – (May 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM)

Pam, you are extremely talented. I love visiting your blog. These cards presented here today are great. I especially like the pinwheel. I love how you rounded the corners. I admire you and your ability to adapt to your new surroundings all of your life. Thank you for sharing your creations with all of us.

Just A Pac Rat  – (May 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM)

Very nice cards! TFS