Featured Cardmaker: Beth L., Hartland, MI

Hello everyone! This week I'd like you to meet Beth,  from Hartland, MI. I know you'll enjoy her cards and learning a bit about her as much as I have. Beth doesn't have a blog so be sure to leave her your comments here at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping? Since Oct. 2009.  I have been scrapbooking since 2005 and in 2008 switched almost totally to digital for my scrapbooking. Stamping is new to me since I didn’t use it much in my scrapbooking.  I love being able to use up all my scrapbooking papers for the OWH cards.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp/craft?
I haven’t had a specific place to stamp/craft but my oldest son just moved and I am going to take over his old bedroom for my craft room.

What are your favorite stamp/craft products?  My Cuttlebug and all the neat things you can do with the embossed papers and cutting dies. I just started using the cutting dies (Nestabilities) and I love what I can make with them. I love the digital stamps that OWH has for us.  I am making a bunch of birthday cards with the Frantoonie stamps.

Do you have a favorite technique?  I feel like I am still a beginner and have so much to learn.  I have learned a lot from my friend, Nan, who has been making cards for 20 yrs.  We get together to make OWH cards every Friday night.

I go to the Stars and Stripes blog and read/watch the tutorials for ideas and new techniques.  I want to try the pinwheels and dryer sheets next.  I loved the embossed flower card Pam made. I made a bunch of those for Mother’s Day and I have been watching the blog and Facebook for Father’s Day ideas.

Are there colors you love to include on your cards? I love blues and greens and mauves/pinks.  I like making bright cards for kid’s birthdays.

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? I got a digital scrapbooking newsletter from Simple Scrapper that had a contest to make cards for OWH.  I thought it was a fantastic idea so I got some of the Moms in our 4-H group and Nan to join me making cards.  We started getting together once a month for a whole day of card making and now we get together on Friday nights because of working schedules.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes? My Dad was in the Army and my uncle went over to Iraq as a surgeon when the war first started so I wanted to do something for those that are serving.  I started in Oct. 2009 and then my youngest son enlisted in the Army in Dec. 2009 so I have a very strong reason to support all our troops.  He just graduated from his advanced training and is going to his new assignment.

Linda  – (May 20, 2011 at 5:09 AM)

Great cards! Love the sesame street card. very ingenious!

Julie  – (May 20, 2011 at 7:14 AM)

Awesome cards, Beth! So great to "meet" you! Have fun crafting with your friends tonight :)

Donna Hanley  – (May 20, 2011 at 7:20 AM)

Beth, these are all fabulous cards. It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to I would say the Anniversary card. It is so soft and I can actually feel Love in this card. You need to start a blog so we can follow you and your beautiful creations. Thank you for sharing with us. Looking forward to seeing some more some day soon.

Paula S.  – (May 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM)

Thanks for sharing your creativity and your OWH story with everyone today Beth. Great cards. I love the group of 3 "punch" characters on the same card so much I'm going to have to case that one!

Sherry Hickey  – (May 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM)

Beth, all your cards are great. Kids will love that happy Sesame ST card; if I had to choose my favorite it would be the soft blue butterly card. Thanks for sharing your talents and your story with us!!

mmwilken  – (May 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM)

Awesome cards and welcome to OWH, the best place to make cards for a wonderful bunch of troops!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!!

mumgranny  – (May 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM)

Ok Beth - this is me - copying your Sesame Street cards - RIGHT NOW!

Too cute.

LorettaV –   – (May 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM)

Super cute sesame street card. I have that punch!

Cherie  – (May 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM)

I have to agree, the Sesame Street style card is my favorite. I'm so glad you shared with us! I plan on casing that one and the missing you one. So glad to meet you, Beth!

Anonymous –   – (May 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM)

Your cards are beautiful. I especially like the way you used embossing...nice. Pat K.

Yolanda  – (May 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM)

The punch character card is terrific! What fun to have a friend close by to make OWH cards with so regularly. Thank you both.

Kathy  – (May 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM)

Really nice cards, Beth! Inspired me to some new ideas. (Kudos from Kathy in White Lake)

Carol L  – (May 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM)

Hi Beth, it's nice to get to know you through OWH! Your cards are all so cute and I especially love the blue and white one with the embossing. I think it's fantastic that you and your friend stamp together every Friday for OWH! Keep up the great work :)

linda  – (May 21, 2011 at 2:37 AM)

Great cards! I love the variety of techniques and colors. As far as the "Count the happies" one goes, I am seriously going to ummm... borrow the idea... today and make a bunch to send to some people who need a reminder right now! (It has been raining everyday forever here..) Thanks for sharing, you do great work.

jperr  – (May 21, 2011 at 4:13 AM)

Beth your cards are beauitful,you are very talented,so glad you shared your creations.
Jocelan

Jean B in PA –   – (May 21, 2011 at 4:34 AM)

Hi Beth, Thank you for sharing with us. I am not big on coloring, and I like how you use your embossing and dies to make really great cards. I especially like the miss you card and I am going to try to make some similar ones.

Brenda Hugar  – (May 21, 2011 at 4:59 AM)

Beautiful cards. Loved all of them, but really liked the Sesame Street one. TFS

ChristineZ  – (May 21, 2011 at 5:28 AM)

Hi Beth, love your beautiful cards. The Sesame street card made me smile and I love the delicacy of the colors of the anniversary card.I am located a bit east of you in the Milford/White Lake area.

Blessings to your son and family.

ChristineZ

Just A Pac Rat  – (May 23, 2011 at 8:10 AM)

Great cards, TFS and helping out OWH!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Lisa Oliver  – (May 23, 2011 at 10:32 AM)

Hi Beth! Thank you for sharing some of your creations with us! I have always loved punch SS faces and your are exceptional!

I just realized that you live about 1 hour south of me! I live in Montrose, which is up I-75 just south of the Birch Run Prime Outlets. So cool to meet another MI OWH cardmaker!

Colleen Dietrich  – (May 25, 2011 at 11:18 AM)

Your cards are so nice and varied! I like the Sesame Street one best. :) Makes me smile.