Featured Cardmaker: Pat K., West Richland, WA

This week I am exicited to introduce you all to Pat from Washington. I know you all will enjoy seeing her wonderful cards as much as I have. Pat doesn't have a blog but you can say hello and leave her some love in the comments at the end of the post.

How long have you been stamping? About a year and a half.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?

A small spare bedroom... I am bulging at the seams!

What are your favorite stamp products?
Digi stamps! I love the variety, selection, convenience, cost, easy storage (did I mention that I am bulging at the seams?), I can re-size them ... so much to love about them. The artists are fabulous!

Copics! I have watched tutorials on the 'net, and practiced, practiced, practiced! I still don't think I'm good at it, but have seen much improvement in my work.

No special ones.

This question and the next would be difficult to answer briefly. My involvement with OWH has been an answer to prayer and a blessing for me. Serious health problems have forced me to accept a sedentary life style, so this is a sanity-saving, stress-relieving therapy for me. Oops. I didn't answer your question! I stumbled across OWH while surfing card sites. An accident? Or a divine appointment?

My sincere appreciation for their service, and the freedoms I enjoy because they do what they do and I don't have to. God bless them!!!

Christine  – (April 22, 2011 at 4:38 AM)

Love each & every one! Great work! Would love if you could let us know where you got your stamps, some of those are a must have to add to my stash. Keep creating!

Donna Hanley  – (April 22, 2011 at 5:45 AM)

Pat these cards are all adorable. Your copic skills are very good I, too, practice all the time and it is not easy but you seem to have mastered it. I think you need to start a blog so we can enjoy your cards on a regular basis.

Paula S.  – (April 22, 2011 at 7:28 AM)

Wonderful cards Pat.I particularly like that little cowboy and how you used the twine with the eyelets. Beautiful coloring job on ever single one of these too! Thanks for sharing your OWH story this week.

Yolanda  – (April 22, 2011 at 8:25 AM)

Pat, your cards are gorgeous! I love the princess with the little castle. I completely agree with "divine appointment".

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (April 22, 2011 at 8:55 AM)

Pat - your cards are so beautiful and fun. I am glad you found OWH and it provided such wonderful creative therapy for you.

Barb Housner

Nancy F. –   – (April 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM)

Pat, your Copic work is excellent. I think I need to watch some more tutorials if it will help my work get as nice as yours. Your images are so cute and different! I enjoyed every card! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Anonymous –   – (April 22, 2011 at 10:20 AM)

Thanks to all for the kind comments! All of the stamps are digis ..email me for more info! I wish I knew how to make a blog and use a camera, but think I am a hopeless techno-retard! PK

ThePurplePlace  – (April 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM)

Hi Pat,
Your cards are all WONDERFUL and it's a pleasure to see them posted her at OWH! You have amazing talent and like you, I also LOVE to create with digi images!!

You would never know you are such a newbie, as you coloring is fabulous -- you're a natural!! :)

As a gal who lives with Fibromyalgia and disc-disease, I know very well how hard it is to have to live a pretty sedentary life style due to chronic illness. My illness is also what brought card-making into my life and it's now my passion and joy.

Creating cards is now my greatest joy and is one thing that most days I can still do. It keeps me busy and keeps my mind off the pain.

I also create for OWH and love to do my little part to help support our military!

Thank you for all you do and if you ever do start a blog, please let me know, I'd love to follow your creations.

Hugs,
Lisa
ThePurplePlace

Kimberley Martini Young –   – (April 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM)

Great detail on your cards Pat. I would love to get together with you as I am in Kennewick. Hope we are able to connect and make cards together for OWH.

Anonymous –   – (April 22, 2011 at 1:09 PM)

Kimberly: How do I reach you? my email is: ttkin12@msn.com

Pat

Anonymous –   – (April 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM)

Your cards are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Betty T.

Carol L  – (April 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM)

Your cards are all so cute and I really like that little cowboy leaning on the fence! Blogging is easier than I thought, and all you need is a friend to help you get one started. It took me 2 yrs to take the plunge, but I'm glad I finally did!

Linda  – (April 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM)

I think all of your cards are very well colored. Take the plunge on the blog-it is way easier than you think!

Marsha  – (April 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM)

Really cute images and love what you did with each one. Going to make some kids pretty happy.

Sue  – (April 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM)

Oh, how I want to learn to use Copics. Your cards have inspired me to do as you have done...watch onine videos and practice, practice, practice.

Jan Hunnicutt  – (April 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM)

Hi Pat! Your cards are just gorgeous and so is your coloring! It was so nice to meet you today and get to know you a little better.

linda  – (April 23, 2011 at 2:52 AM)

Pat,
Your cards are amazing. I love the colors and choice of stamps and, well, everything about what you do.
I too am inspired to learn how to use my copics, my digi stamps, etc. If you can do this, you can blog for sure!

Shirley  – (April 23, 2011 at 5:14 AM)

Pat your coloring is gorgeous and your card designs are fantastic. You have cards from two of my favorite digit designers. I'm going to let them know that you've featured them.

Cheryl of Sassy Cheryl's  – (April 23, 2011 at 5:59 AM)

Such FABULOUS cards. They are ALL just stunning!
And of course, it should go without saying how gorgeous your coloring is. WOW!

mumgranny  – (April 23, 2011 at 6:56 AM)

Pat - just great cards and the coloring is WOW. I too love the digis and have some of the ones you used - but where did that cute little cowboy come from. I'm going to have to email you and find out.

Loopylou.  – (April 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM)

pat your cards are just adorable hun and i think you are awesome hugs Lou xx

Ellen  – (April 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM)

Pat. What a wonderful undertaking. Your cards are beautiful and I am certain the recipients are appreciative of the care that has gone into their creation.

Anonymous –   – (April 23, 2011 at 4:14 PM)

Your cards are all so unique! I love the colors and the creativity on all the cards! Great job!

:) Misty

Alice –   – (April 24, 2011 at 8:15 AM)

I had heard about your cards and am very happy to see them on this site! What a wonderful way to spend your time. Do you ever hear back from the troops? Thank you for your service to our country.

Anonymous –   – (April 24, 2011 at 11:34 AM)

WoW, I'm impressed. I knew you did beautiful work, but these are awesome. So happy you have gotten to share with the world, you deserve the recgnition.
B&B

Brenda  – (April 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM)

Your beautiful cards are just all so adorable! And your colouring is fantastic! I am also self taught in Copics, and you are right, I am still practicing!

Ashley –   – (April 25, 2011 at 7:13 AM)

Wow these are truly amazing! You're very talented at making cards and put such work and detail into them!! Love it!

Just A Pac Rat  – (April 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM)

Beautiful cards, I love them all. Great job on the coloring.

circlebenterprises.com

Ashley  – (April 25, 2011 at 11:29 AM)

I have the most talented, caring grandma in the world! Love you and love all of your adorable cards!

Ashley

Tiffany –   – (April 25, 2011 at 10:00 PM)

I Love the cards that were shown Pat!! They were great, couple I remeber seeeing you make =) I got to see the artist in action. All of your cards are fantastic!! Love you very much and all of your joy, you are a true blessing.
Tiffany

Missy  – (April 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM)

Great cards! I think your Copic skills are excellent. I started making cards when I stopped working last year due to a medical condition, so I know where you are coming from.