Featured Cardmaker: Marsha D., Everson, WA

Hello Everyone! This week it's my pleasure to introduce you all to Marsha. In addition to leaving her your comments here at the end of this post, be sure to visit Marsha's blog at grammasroom.blogspot.com so you can see lots more of her wonderful work.

How long have you been stamping? About 10 years.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
I am fortunate enough to have an office/craft room. Now that we do not have our own business, my home office lends itself nicely to stamping. If it gets too messy, I just close the door and no one is the wiser!

What are your favorite stamp products?
I am really enjoying clear acrylic stamps but my love for digitals is growing. Really like how I can change the size and overlap without masking.

I use Koh-i-nor pencils on most of my coloring. I don't do very well with water colors and have not started the expense of Copics. I have always loved to color and with the Koh-i-nor pencils plus mineral spirits, I can get close to the effect I want.

I love the Autumn colors and find myself using lots of greens.

A few years ago, I saw mention of it on a blog. Then an OWH blog hop really got me going into making cards for OWH.

I am so appreciative of our wonderful heros. I can only image how hard it must be to be away from family, home, and friends for such long periods of time. What a great idea to send blank cards so our heros can send home cards for special occasions of their loved ones back home, cards to express their love. I also try to include some cards to the heros themselves expressing my gratitude for their service and sacrifice. Hopefully, it will encourage them and let them know that we are behind them.

Sherry Hickey  – (April 29, 2011 at 5:33 AM)

Hi Marsha! Your cards are beautiful.I just signed on as a follower at your blog to keep up with your delightful creations! So nice to "meet" you at OWH!

Linda  – (April 29, 2011 at 5:33 AM)

Great cards. Thought I loved the coffee themed one but then got to the one with a tree and that one is so darn cute!

Julie  – (April 29, 2011 at 7:43 AM)

Adorable cards, Martha! I love the Christmas card but I think my favorite is the last one with the little button for the sun. Beautiful work, and so nice to "meet" you.

Paula S.  – (April 29, 2011 at 8:01 AM)

Beautiful cards Marsha! You have a great sense of color and your paper combinations are wonderful. I also like how you've embellished every one of these. Thanks for sharing your story with everyone this week.

Stamper in TRAINing –   – (April 29, 2011 at 9:26 AM)

OMGosh-- your style is very nice! Love your design. I like all the cards a lot but my fav is the purple and green one. I'll be checking out your blog and CASE'ing you, I'm sure! Keep up your great work!

Kris  – (April 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM)

WOOHOO!! Someone from my hometown! Your cards are gorgeous Marsha. We will have to meet next time I come home to visit my parents.

Christine  – (April 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM)

Beautiful! You are very talented!

Anonymous –   – (April 29, 2011 at 1:26 PM)

I enjoyed seeing your cards very much. Your coloring is beautiful. Pat K

ThePurplePlace  – (April 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM)

Gorgeous Cards! I think your coloring is wonderful and I also loved the Paper Pieced card!

Thanks so much for sharing you wonderful skills!!

Lisa Oliver  – (April 30, 2011 at 7:37 AM)

Beautiful color combinations, Martha! I particularly am drawn to the lavender/green and the green/turquoise. Congratulations on being the Featured Stamper and thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I'm going to hop over to your blog and become a follower right now.

www.stampingwithamission.blogspot.com

Nancy Keller  – (April 30, 2011 at 9:35 PM)

Very nice! I have to add that your "cool beans" coffe card is just one of my favorites ever. Love it. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful work!

Anonymous –   – (May 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM)

Your cards are fantastic!!
Thank-you for sharing.