Featured Cardmaker: Laura C., Park Rapids, MN

Ready for some Friday inspiration? I am delighted to introduce Laura and to be able to share some of her cards with you here this week. Laura does not have a blog but you can leave her a shout out in the comments at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
Well, I don't stamp that much. I try to make one nice stamp and then scan it in. I have been making cards for about 5 years.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you work?
Yes, a small office nook about 7' by 8'.  Very crowded…I mean, cozy.

What are your favorite stamp (or craft) products?
Electronic clip art. I have also have been finding some nice 3-dimensional stickers lately from "Stick-O" and "Paper Studio."

Pop dots. Seriously addicted to them.

Earth tones mostly. The neutral, muted colors like brown, tan, cranberry, and mossy green. Sometimes I get on a black and white steak, which I like because they look so elegant. Then for the Halloween I go crazy with all the bright oranges and purples.

Through my Cardmaker magazine. Each issue they ask you to make cards for some place or another. I did cards for Operation Write Home and never stopped. (Hopefully someone else is making cards for the new places.)

Because we love the troops and we are very thankful for all their sacrifices. Plus I can make any kind of card I want to make. Right now I am doing Halloween, which is my favorite. But if I am making birthday cards for a family member, I can just make a few extra for the troops. It makes me feel proud that I can be helpful to the heroes.

Marsha  – (April 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM)

Laura,
Your cards are absolutely darling. I love every one that is featured here. Some of your embellishments (like the dog bone) are so cute.

Jen  – (April 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM)

GREAT cards, Laura! I'm addicted to pop dots, too. :)

Crafty56  – (April 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM)

I was so excited to see someone from Minnesota. We live in the Twin Cities but vacation every summer in Park Rapids.

Sherry Hickey  – (April 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM)

Nice to meet you, Laura; thanks for sharing your creative cards with us! I chuckled at the duck: dressed for a Minnesota winter I presume? Really great cards!

Dawn  – (April 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM)

Thanks for sharing your cards Laura!! They are adorable!!

I used to live in Bemidji and my best friend lives in Menagha. I miss living there!

Thanks again for sharing!! Hope spring is finally showing up there!

artnsoul  – (April 15, 2011 at 2:20 PM)

Love your cards, truly inspirational!

Paula S.  – (April 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM)

Wonderful cards Laura! Those googly-eyed ones are just adorable but it's impossible to pick just one favorite. Thanks for sharing your talent and being a part of the OWH family.

Ann  – (April 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM)

I, too, am very excited to see some one from Minnesota. I live near Hutchinson. We've been through Park Rapids a few times and have found the friendliest people. Your cards are adorable!! They are all cute, but the bundled up duck is my fave!!

Anonymous –   – (April 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM)

Cute cards! Its wonderful to see a fellow Minnesotan on here! :) Wonderful ideas. :) Christina

Christy  – (April 15, 2011 at 7:52 PM)

YAY! Another Minnesotan! I'm from Rochester. Laura - You're cards are awesome. Do you color each one or do you color them digitally?

Cora  – (April 15, 2011 at 11:29 PM)

I enjoyed looking at all of your cute cards. Although I stamp (and like you I stamp 1 good one and scan for more) and use a lot of digis I also enjoy the quality of clip art. Sometimes I just don't want to mess with my Copics.

Cathy  – (April 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM)

I LOVE your cards! I can see where our heroes and their families would, too!

Yolanda  – (April 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM)

Terrific cards! The little girl and the animals are my faves. I can see why you like pop dots.

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (April 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM)

love all your cards - they will definately make many people smile. Thanks for making cards for Operation Write Home.

Barb Housner

Jan Hunnicutt  – (April 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM)

Hi Laura, I love your cards, it was so nice to "meet" you today!

SuzAnn –   – (April 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM)

Your cards are darling, Laura! Thanks for sharing your super talent with OWH. I LOL at your bundled up duck card and absolutely adore the simplicity of the "simple hello" one.

Just A Pac Rat  – (April 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM)

Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing your talent with OWH.

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

RedRover717  – (January 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM)

Greetings!

I've started a Letter a Day project where I'll write a letter each day to someone famous, my family or friends (just depends on my mood!). I was wondering if you'd be willing to send me some of your awesome cards for me to use- and of course I'll feature your information when I use the card.

Check out my blog here: letteraday2012.blogspot.com

My mailing address is:
Jennifer Tigges
1122 University Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

I love to support artists- and hope that you'd be willing to send me a few to use in this project, and to promote your wares!

Best wishes-