Featured Cardmaker: Denise I., Williamsville, NY

Happy Friday Everyone! This week I'm excited to introduce Denise and to share some of her terrific cards with all of you. Denise does not have a blog so be sure to say hello and leave her a comment at the end of this post.

How long have you been stamping?
I have only been stamping about 2 years but doing some type of craft since I was 15. I taught myself counted cross stitch, which is my first "addiction" , then about 6 years ago purchased a card making kit and loved it. I will try most things crafty just to see what they are like.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
We have a spare room that is half devoted to our computer and the other half is my craft area. I have to say the craft half is growing slowly. My goal is to purchase a Scrapbox so I can have everything nice and neat in one spot, no more searching for something---nice to dream!!

What are your favorite stamp products?
I LOVE the Stamps of life by Stephanie Bernard, they are a great line of clear stamps that can be interchanged with each other so you get a lot for you dollar. I also just bought a Sizzix Texture Boutique that I love using to get the different textures in my cards.

I think I really lean toward the embossing with the Sizzix. It is simple but gives a great look

I love the darker colors, black and red especially. But I am trying to get more pastels in there too.

I had been making cards for my family and friends for a few years, and just signed up for my Facebook page when my friend, Erica (also an OWH cardmaker) told me about Operation Write Home. I went on the site and of course got hooked!!

My Mom and Dad were both Marines, I was born in New Bern, NC while they were stationed at Cherry Point, so the understanding of the military was always in my family. We have family members that have been deployed so you know what others are feeling waiting to hear from them. I guess I make cards to help give families that little piece of mind that their hero is OK. I know there will always be that fear, but when that cards comes in the mail I can just imagine the joy it gives. Not to mention relief, for a while at least. Some people may say it is "just a card" but if you haven't seen someone you love for a month or more--it is like a lifeline. One that I will enjoy making as long as the need is there--Keeping families together, one card at a time. :)

AllisonG  – (April 1, 2011 at 4:35 AM)

I love your clean and simple cards! We may need a tutorial on that cute pinwheel-looking card (red and white love card). How did you do that?!

Linda  – (April 1, 2011 at 5:09 AM)

Love love love the Another Year Older card. The colors just pop out and the embossing is sweet! TFS!

Paula S.  – (April 1, 2011 at 7:22 AM)

All of these cards are great Denise. My favorite is the birthday balloons but that hedgehog with his mail is adorable so it's hard to choose. Most of all I love how you put into words 'why' you make cards and that it's often much more than just a card. Thank you for letting me share your thought and cards today!

Operation Write Home  – (April 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM)

Denise all your cards are just so cute! Well done! And I love your tagline - keeping families together, one card at a time. Might have to make a blog badge outta that :)

Marsha  – (April 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM)

Like the simplicity, non-cluttered look of your cards. I think the Happy Birthday balloon card is my favorite of those shown. So glad you were featured. Keep up the good work.

Hannah. F  – (April 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM)

Hi Denise, Love your cards! and your words are very well put... I' couldn't say it better, it sends a thrill to my heart knowing that these cards make our hero's so happy.

Julie  – (April 1, 2011 at 9:33 AM)

Beautiful work, Denise! I want one of those Scrapboxes too, aren't they incredible? I love the purple birthday card with the balloons - just adorable!

Anonymous –   – (April 1, 2011 at 10:41 AM)

Beautiful cards. I love the simpleness of them. Pat K

TN Granny  – (April 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM)

Denise your cards are wonderful and you have a heart of gold. Keep up the great work.
Stampin hugs,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.com

Stamper in TRAINing –   – (April 1, 2011 at 11:26 AM)

WOW; nice job, Denise! I love your style. As others have said, your simple designs are great and so pulled together. You have such a way with words, as well. Thanks a bunch for making and sharing. Keep up the great job you are doing; very inspiring.

Nana Connie  – (April 1, 2011 at 6:28 PM)

Dennise, Your cards are so wonderful! I especially like the one that looks like a quilt pattern. You know I'm going to have to try that! Such a variety and all so perfectly CAS in design. Love them all.

Yolanda  – (April 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM)

Love the hedgehog card. So bright and happy. I agree with you completely about how it feels to get mail from your soldier. Love your slogan too.

Dixie Cochran  – (April 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM)

Rock on, Denise!! Love your cards and your "story."

Monica  – (April 1, 2011 at 7:54 PM)

Denise, Your cards are wonderful! As a Marine Mom myself, I understand the importance of supporting our military..all branches as my husband is retired Army, my brother served in the Army, Cousin served in both the Navy and Air Force and my Uncle served 30 years in the Coast Guard. OOHRAH to you mom and dad! Semper Fi!

Kathryn  – (April 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM)

Denise,
As others have said, your clean and simple cards are beautifully pulled together. Great designs and your last sentence sums up OWH perfectly. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Carol L  – (April 1, 2011 at 8:10 PM)

Your cards are all great Denise, and it's been great getting to know you! I love those birthday balloons and how shiny they are!

Becca Sadler  – (April 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM)

Congrats on being featured! Your cards are wonderful! I'm really impressed with the pinwheel-looking focal, too. It looks complicated, but I think it is where the cuts are made that gives the chance to overlap/unite the papers to look like a pinwheel.

rstuck2003  – (April 1, 2011 at 10:42 PM)

Awesome cards! I LOVE the pinwheel looking one...how did you do it? We NEED a tutorial on it!! (hint-hint) Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Just A Pac Rat  – (April 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM)

Wonderful cards, you have a great talent!

circlebenterprises.com

DYnKY  – (April 5, 2011 at 12:18 PM)

From one Denise to another: Lovely, lovely cards!!
Enjoyed looking at all of your beautiful cards but,I'm quite fond of the purple Happy Birthday one!
Thank you for sharing and inspiring us!

Cora  – (April 5, 2011 at 8:33 PM)

So nice to meet you! I enjoyed your cards. Your pinwheel card is big hit with us.