Happy Saturday! We've got some great inspiration in store for you today....some ideas on how to use stickers! Lots of folks prefer these to stamped images, since they don't require coloring, but sometimes they're also a challenge to use. Often the stickers are really cute, but the design of the card, color combos, or placement can steal their stardom! Our top three tips to keep in mind with stickers:
- Treat them like an image - mount them, layer them, let them create a focal point on your card. Feel free to just use one to let it be the star!
- If they're tiny, find a sketch to "house" them so they don't turn into "sneeze" on a card. (See OWHtv episode 3 if you aren't sure what that is.) The sample below uses Sketch #60, which is a super design for tiny stickers or stamps.
- If the stickers are made of thin material, be careful what color you put them on; some are partially see-through and need to be on white or a very light color or they get dark and dingy on patterned or dark papers.
Here's one sample from our fearless leader Sandy - she'll have sticker cards on her blog all week long if you need more ideas and inspiration too!
- Barb at Paper Therapy Ponderings
- Erica at Creative But Messy
- Jan at She's Gone Stamping
- Sherry at Bits of Cheer
- Julie at Handmade by Julie
- Velda at OldStamper Musings
- John at John VM's Cards
- Steph and Robin at SR Cards
- Paula at Handmade by Paula
- Samantha at Expressions of a Craftaholic