Featured Cardmaker: Cora Jean J., Eugene, OR

This week I'd like you to meet Cora Jean from the Willamette Valley in Eugene, Oregon. Cora blogs and posts her great cards over at Cora Jean's Paper Playtime so be sure to pay her a visit and of course you can leave her a comment at the end of this post too!

How long have you been stamping?
I have been making cards for about five years. Stamping for about 3 or 4 years. I said I would never get involved in stamping because it was expensive. I got sucked in. lol Before I was a card maker I was an avid scrapbooker with a good 2 dozen big albums. That all went by the wayside with cardmaking.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
I am a widow of almost 9 years and I have a nice 3 bedroom house. I live alone so therefore I do have a dedicated craft room. It is very organized. I love to organize. I find it relaxing. I don't like working in a mess.

What are your favorite stamp products?
My favorite stamp products? Ooh, that is a hard one. Probably Nestabilities and my almost 250 Copic Sketch markers. I have a love affair going with Diamond Glaze. It gives such a pop to an image. I love digital images too. I have a big collection.

I don't really have any favorite techniques. The truth is I know only what I have learned at home so I have no fancy footwork.

The colors I like are all over the board. No favorites really. I do enjoy using color combos that are a little off the wall.

I heard about OWH Through Barb Housner. We have been on the same card making forum since I started making cards. I feel like I know her.

I have a couple of reasons for making cards for OWH. I think it is an incentive for the military personnel to keep in touch with families and friends. When the cards are sitting in front of them I think they are inspired to send them. It is a win-win situation. The other reason is I need to fill my time and at my age (I will be 70 this summer) I want and need to do something that is giving back. It is my small way of saying thank you to those that serve.

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (March 11, 2011 at 5:15 AM)

beautiful cards Cora - thanks for joining OWh and brining smiles to so many people's face.s

Barb Housner

Misty  – (March 11, 2011 at 5:51 AM)

Beautiful cards!
Love the colors!

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Paula S.  – (March 11, 2011 at 6:03 AM)

These are all wonderful cards Cora Jean! I particularly like the bird house. Such a nice image and how you coordinated the papers and the flowers embellishments that echo the image are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for being a part of OWH!

Jeanie  – (March 11, 2011 at 7:01 AM)

Cora got me over to the OWH site. She is truly inspiring. Her cards are wonderful!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (March 11, 2011 at 8:13 AM)

Hi Cora Jean! It's nice to meet you today, your cards are wonderful! I'm so glad you are part of our OWH family :)

josephelkins4  – (March 11, 2011 at 10:09 AM)

Your cards are wonderful. I really enjoyed looking at them. It would be very difficult to pick my favorite, but I definitely LOVE the use of curves on your cards.

scrappinpeg  – (March 11, 2011 at 10:11 AM)

Enjoyed your cards Cora. You've been BUSY..... They all looked really pretty. Glad you were put in the spot light! WTG.....
Keep up the good work. I know the service men/women and their families too all appreciate what you've done for them.
hugs
Peggy

Lisa Oliver  – (March 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM)

Cora, your cards are beautiful. I found myself surprised with each card that I liked it even better than the one previous - and that's saying alot!!! I enjoyed learning more about you and hope to be like you someday (retired and with an organized craft room of my own that is!)

mmwilken  – (March 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM)

I'm retired and pushing 70 too Cora and love to spend my time with my OWH cards! Your cards are so gorgeous and love the way you put them together! Thanks much for sharing and keep up the great work.

carla  – (March 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM)

Cora, you make beautiful cards! OWH is lucky to have you! I especially love the way you combine the paper and shapes in unique ways (the wavy one). You are an inspiration! So nice to learn more about you. :-)

Anonymous –   – (March 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM)

Your cards are beautiful! i loved the way you used the soft colors. Pat

Julie M. –   – (March 11, 2011 at 1:32 PM)

It was a pleasure meeting you today! OWH is blessed to have you and your creativity...

AllisonG  – (March 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM)

Cora Jean, I absolutely LOVE your reasons for making cards for OWH. I can't believe you are 70 - that's awesome! Keep up the great cardmaking. I think my fave in this bunch is the last card with the giraffe. :-)

Ivanka  – (March 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM)

Your cards are beautiful Cora, and I loved learning more about you. Congratulations on being in the spotlight!!

Adele  – (March 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM)

Every card is a masterpiece, but I especially love the whimsical ones. They will surely bring smiles to both the sender and receiver.

Debby  – (March 12, 2011 at 12:51 AM)

WTG !Cora!Love your cards and these are for such good cause too.So happy you made it to the spotlight !

Shirley G  – (March 12, 2011 at 4:49 AM)

love your cards Cora Jean. You always push me to better myself :)
Glad we are sister friends here at OWH

TN Granny  – (March 12, 2011 at 8:20 AM)

Cora,
It's wonderful to hear about you and making those beautiful cards for OWH. Welcome aboard the love train for our soldiers.
God Bless
Jeanine

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM)

Your cards are fantastic--love them all!!
Betty T

CarolB –   – (March 12, 2011 at 12:27 PM)

I love your cards, Cora. Your colors are great. You've really learned how to use Copics!

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM)

Awesome Cora ! Beautiful cards as
always. Congrats :)
cococat

Yolanda  – (March 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM)

Love your giraffe card and the flower card!

Carol L  – (March 13, 2011 at 4:42 AM)

Hello Cora, it's so nice to meet a fellow OWH card-maker and get to know a little about you! You have a wonderful style and your cards are all so pretty! I love that giant pink flower card with the wavy diagonal line! Gorgeous!