Featured Friday: Julie F., Shreveport, LA

Julie, as many of you know, is the blog team member who brings us the inspiring Sunday Sketch Challenges every week. Thanks Julie! You can see more of her beautiful creations at her blog Handmade by Julie.

How long have you been stamping?
I started stamping in 2006 after attending a Stampin' Up! workshop with my mom. I've always been into needlecrafts, so I didn't think I'd be interested in stamping, and just saw the workshop as a way to spend a day with my mom.  But once I made my first card that day, I never looked back!

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
I am a dining room stamper! I long for a craft studio but I just don't have the space in my current home.

What are your favorite stamp products?
I'm still a big fan of Stampin' Up!, especially the paper and inks. I also really like Hero Arts products, and Bazzill cardstock.  And I never met a scrap of ribbon that I didn't love!

I'm pretty old school! I like dye ink and a red rubber stamp most of all. I do a lot of heat embossing and sponging, and I deeply love my watercolor pencils!

I like lots of color, especially if it is bold and bright!

I found a link to Cards for Heros from someone's Splitcoaststampers gallery.

OWH is the perfect match of my desire to give back to those that have sacrificed for me and my need for a creative outlet!

Kate  – (February 4, 2011 at 7:38 AM)

Yay Julie! She's my BFF and introduced me to stamping and to OWH.

Should've included a pic of the b'day card you made for your mom. Everybody go to her blog and scroll down a couple entries to go see it. It's excellent!

Paula  – (February 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM)

Great cards Julie! And Kate is SO right you just HAVE to see that birthday card. It's awesome! Thanks for all you do as part of the OWH blog team too.

Carol L  – (February 4, 2011 at 11:41 AM)

Great cards Julie, I especially love the first one with all the colorful flowers. I'm still trying to figure out how you added the different color to each flower LOL I saw your mom's birthday card and it's simply a treasure to marvel over through the years! Thanks for keeping this blog so much fun to participate in!!

Ann  – (February 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM)

I love your cards and the use of the journey definition and the Eleanor Roosevelt quote. They add so much.

Yolanda  – (February 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM)

Beautiful cards. I like the birdhouse in the window. Your mother's b'day card is terrific!

airbornewife  – (February 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM)

Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all.

blessings ~ Pam

Dixie Cochran  – (February 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM)

Great cards, Julie! Love the Snoopy card especially! Thanks for the challenges every Sunday!

gbinion  – (February 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM)

As stated so perfectly before, your cards are amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

The birthday card for your mom is extra special to me because my mom is a seamstress and made a lot of my clothes when I was a kid too! AND she took me to an SU party about 7 years ago, introducing me to this obsession of mine!!

Sherry Hickey  – (February 5, 2011 at 7:09 AM)

Julie, I just love how you used ribbon for the window shade, and the Eleanor Roosevelt card and the b'day card at your blog are beautiful!!

Anonymous –   – (February 5, 2011 at 8:34 AM)

Your cards are fantastic!! Thank-you for doing the Sunday Challanges as well.
Betty T.

Seongsook Duncan  – (February 5, 2011 at 10:59 AM)

Great Cards! Love them all. Thanks for the inspiration and your hard work for the OWH S&S Sketch challenges.

Lisa Oliver  – (February 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM)

Congratulations and thank you Julie! Your cards are great and the weekly sketches are always helpful when the mojo is a no go. LOL

ThePurplePlace  – (February 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM)

HI Julie - I am one of your greatest FANS and LOVE each and every sketch you bring us each Sunday!

Your ideas and talent are wonderful and I'm always inspired by your fantastic sketches!

Happy Crafting,