Featured Friday: Yolanda D., Warrenton, MO

Yolanda is a new addition to OWH Blog team - she's going to be our bloghop queen! Yolanda is a "Hero Mom" and she blogs regularly at Imagine-Make-Share …go check out her cards.

How long have you been stamping? I have dabbled in stamping before, but didn’t really get into it until I discovered OWH in May of this year.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp? My “studio” is in the front room of our house. It is also our office/computer room/entryway.

What are your favorite stamp products? Oh my. I still haven’t tried them ALL to know. So far I am a fan of classic wood mounted red rubber stamps. I love the dollar bin at Michael’s!

Do you have a favorite technique? I’m beginning to learn more fancy folds and think they are too cool. I would love to master pop-up cards.

Are there colors you love to include on your cards? Oranges, teal, deep earth and jewel tones—I am a fan of almost any color.

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? I found OWH on Facebook when I was searching for Army mom groups.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes? We have two sons in the military. One is deployed to Iraq. OWH has been wonderful for helping me deal with all that Army mom angst. It is a positive way that I can relate to what he is doing and keep from worrying about him.  Aside from my own son, I love the idea that I can enjoy creating things and encourage one person who will then encourage one or more, who will tell someone and encourage one or more, and on and on. As one of the OWH videos says, “Spreadin’ the happy.”

TK Cat Herder  – (January 14, 2011 at 2:47 AM)

Yolanda, it's great to meet you and learn a bit more about you. You have only been making cards for real since May? Holy cow! I love your cards and have been a fan for several months now on OWH. You rock! Keep up the good work, and my thoughts and prayers are with your boys. I have a Seabee myself. Go Army, Go Navy!

Ann  – (January 14, 2011 at 6:09 AM)

Wow Yolanda, I can't belive you're so new at this. Your cards are always amazing!! I so enjoy the pics of your cards and all the encouragement you give others. I too, am an army mom. My daughter came back from Iraq last April. I will say an extra prayer for your sons. I am looking forward to the bloghops. I very much enjoed the last one.(it was the first one I'd ever done). Keep making those awesome cards!!

Sheila Smyre –   – (January 14, 2011 at 6:55 AM)

Wow! I love some of the creative ideas that you have. The pop up card is great, I have yet to try that style. Your cards inspire me to try different things. Sheila Smyre

Paula  – (January 14, 2011 at 7:26 AM)

Great cards Yolanda! My favorites are the cupcake -- I love how you used the embossed foil--and the basketball -- it's so cool how the ball is cutout and the string. You always do very creative work and I am so glad you found OWH!

Kris  – (January 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM)

Love the cards Yolanda!!! Your packages of cards are always fun to look through when they arrive. Thanks for all you do for OWH!

Shirley G  – (January 14, 2011 at 7:49 AM)

Yolanda I can not believe you have only been stamping seriously since May. Your cards are always an inspiration to me. :) I've been a fan of yours since I first found OWH last fall.
Prayers are sent to you, your sons, and all the servicemen/women.

The last bloghop was fun, my first, and I look forward to many more.

Happy Crafting
Shirley G

Sherry H  – (January 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM)

Yolanda, congrats on being featured cardmaker!! Amazing cards; I love the "Hats Off to You" and the little basketball net is so clever and fun!! Your enthusiasm for OWH is infectious and you're always so helpful!

Carolina Girl (Cely)  – (January 14, 2011 at 8:21 AM)

Wonderful, motivational cards...thank you...looking for the punches you used for the boy in the scarf...I'll see if I can find your blog for details.

Julie  – (January 14, 2011 at 9:14 AM)

Yay, Yolanda! It has been so awesome getting to know you lately :) And I'm totally going to CASE that basketball card!

Lisa Oliver  – (January 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM)

Congrats, Yolanda! I have enjoyed getting to know you better even though I am already a fan. These cards are all new views to me and I like every one for it's own reasons. The sentiment on the basketball card really strikes a cord for me because I have 2 kids in the middle of bball season right now.

I am looking forward to bloghopping with you soon!

Nancy F. –   – (January 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM)

Yolanda, I also can hardly believe you've only been making cards for such a short time. You are certainly a natural at it! I have been enjoying your blog for a while too, it's inspiring and hopefully I can be part of your next blog hop. Thanks for all you do for OWH and I will say an extra prayer for your boys.

Velda  – (January 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM)

Wow, you're a fast learner! It's hard to believe you've been making cards for such a short time. Good work.

Anonymous –   – (January 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM)

I always enjoy seeing your cards on face book and the ones you showcased here are just as wonderful.
Betty T

MomsBeenScrappin  – (January 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM)

Yolanda your cards are beautiful! I love your blog and am glad to see more of your great work here :)
Doris

Shelly  – (January 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM)

Fabulous cards, Yolanda!!! Such a nice variety of styles and techniques and each one is terrific.

Adele  – (January 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM)

You are one very talented lady! I'm glad you found OWH as a creative outlet.

Dixie Cochran  – (January 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM)

Great cards, Yolanda! And thank you for being our bloghop queen!!

Rhonda  – (January 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM)

Always love seeing your cards Yolanda. Such a great inspiration!

helloholley  – (January 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM)

Congrats Yolanda!!! and I want to say thank you to your sons as well!!!!
For someone who claims that haven't been doing this very long....you look like an pro!!! Your cards always amaze me;)

Paper Therapy Ponderings  – (January 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM)

Wonderful story and love the cards esp the first one - favorite color combination of mine.

Barb Housner

Just A Pac Rat  – (January 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM)

Wow, you are talented! I have been following you ever since we met through the DT at Scrappily Ever After but I never knew you just started stamping. You cards are always so inspirational. I will add a prayer in for your sons too!

Look forward to many more of your cards!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com