Featured Friday: Carol W., Mililani HI

Today's featured cardmaker is Carol W. from Hawaii! Check out her lovely cards and leave her some love at the end of this post as she doesn't have a blog yet.
How long have you been stamping? Over 25 years I believe.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp? Yes, I am fortunate to have a rather large area although it seems to be shrinking as I add more and more 'stuff'.

What are your favorite stamp products? Genesis paper trimmer, Cuttlebug machine with various folders, Spellbinders Nestabilities, double-sided tape, rub-ons, and the list goes on!

Do you have a favorite technique? I basically like to cut and layer and will give whatever is 'new' a try.

Are there colors you love to include on your cards? My favorite colors are red and black but for the OWH cards I have been challenged to try more upbeat colors.

How did you hear about Operation Write Home? Another Yahoo Group.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes? Papercrafting is my passion and what better way then to make extras for our heroes. No motivation required!!!!

Jean B in PA –   – (January 7, 2011 at 8:39 AM)

Carol, I really like your cards! Thanks for inspiring us.

Paula  – (January 7, 2011 at 9:42 AM)

Terrific cards Carol! I particularly like first one with the leaves. The combination of colors along with the play of positive and negative is beautiful. Makes me wish I could see it in person. Thanks for being a part of the OWH family.

Lisa Oliver  – (January 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM)

Hi Carol! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I like your color combinations, especially the contrasts on the first card with the leaves and the tulip is beautiful. Hugs!

Julie  – (January 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM)

Great cards, Carol! I especially love that very first one with the green leaves. Might have to CASE it. Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous –   – (January 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM)

Carol, Love your colors, they remind me of Spring (which is a llloonngg way off here in Michigan!!) Thanks for sharing.

CindyB

Cora  – (January 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM)

I certainly enjoyed your creations. You need a blog!

TK Cat Herder  – (January 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM)

Love your cards, Carol. The designs are simple but elegant and the colors are perfect. I will be CASEing them too. :) Keep up the good work and welcome.

Wendy  – (January 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM)

Your cards are great Carol!

Barb Housner –   – (January 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM)

I love that leaf stamp -

all cards are great.

Barb Housner

Just Me  – (January 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM)

Oh Carol, you really need a blog so you can show off your beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing your art with us.

mmwilken  – (January 8, 2011 at 6:48 AM)

Thanks Carol for sharing your great looking cards! I love stamping too, so need all the inspiration I can get!

Dolores A.  – (January 8, 2011 at 8:33 AM)

These simply elegant cards have the touch of an expert! Especially admire the coloring and shading of the tulip.
Thanks for sharing your expertise, and making lovely cards for our heroes.

Marianne  – (January 8, 2011 at 11:14 AM)

Carol,
What great cards. I really like the tulip card. How did you color the image?

Carol W. –   – (January 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM)

Thank you everyone for such positive feedback on my cards and for welcoming me to OWH. I'm glad I found this group.

So for those of you who want to know about the leaves and tulip 'stamps'...I used napkins! There are just too many beautiful napkins to be wasted on our hands and lips!!!! lol Carol