Midweek Throwdown Challenge!

Are you ready for your next challenge?!

We’d like to thank everyone who entered into last weeks Birthday challenge.  Wow, you make beautiful cards!  It's so fun to travel around seeing everyone’s creations, a big thank you to everyone who played along!

Our challenge this week is a technique challenge!  We challenge you to make an Easel card for one of our hero’s to send home to their loved ones!  In case you’re new to making easel cards I’ve provided a link to Splitcoaststampers where you'll find a wonderful step by step tutorial by Beate Johns as well as a video!

Our sample card this week was made by Ann, to see more of her gorgeous art work please visit her blog AnnFran.

Thank you Ann for sharing your awesome creativity with us!
To play along in this week's  challenge, simply upload a project using this week's challenge to your blog or online gallery then leave a direct link to your project using the Inlinkz widget at the bottom of this post.  And remember, you may use this challenge at any time.  Feel free to re-post the challenge on your blog along with your card… then come back and leave a link for us so we may all see your cards!
We  encourage everyone to take a few moments to visit and leave comments for the other participants.  Comments are a wonderful way to say thank you for sharing your creative project and inspires everyone to create.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you join in the fun!

To play along this week, please enter your name, URL and email address in the link below then press next step and select the photo of your creative project.  An icon will appear on the blog featuring the photo you selected.  If the photo doesn’t appear right away, don’t worry, it will after the page has been refreshed.

Julie  – (September 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM)

Easel cards are so easy and look so nice! Love this sample card, too.

We also had a tutorial for this right here at OWH back in June: http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2010/06/tutorial-easel-card.html

ThePurplePlace  – (September 22, 2010 at 11:28 AM)

Sounds like fun and I haven't made an easel card for awhile now, so I'm happy to get back into them! I really love the design.

It's been such fun month here and I only wish I have MORE time to try every challenge but I thank everyone for all the great inspiration and ideas. Its' been a pleasure me find lots of fun new challenges too!!

Happy Crafting,
Lisa

Jan Hunnicutt  – (September 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM)

Thank you so much Julie for the link to the easel card tutorial right here, I was thinking about that later after I went to bed last night! ;)

Robin  – (September 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM)

I've been wanting to try an easel card
hopefully I can find time to get this done soon
thanks for the challenge

ThePurplePlace  – (September 23, 2010 at 6:09 AM)

Congratulation ANN!! Silly me I just realized today that the wonderful inspiration card was yours!!

It's fabulous and I'm so happy you shared it here as inspiration for us all!

Hugs,
Lisa

Redonna  – (September 23, 2010 at 9:27 AM)

Thank you Julie for the link to the tut. And thank you Jan for pointing me to it in the comment you left me. Now I need to go edit my post and add a link to this tut, because for me, this would have been less confusing. It is not the one I found several weeks ago, but the direction of the folds would have made more sense to me.