I'm calling today's fold the Zig Zag Fold, though I made that name up completely. Other people seem to call it the Accordion Fold, but there are a couple other folds out there called by the same name that look more like an accordion to me.
I was inspired by this card on Splitcoast, but I wanted to adapt it to the A2 size we use at OWH.
Here are the steps:
- Start with a cardstock base 12" x 5.5"
- Score fold lines at 4" and 8"
- Measure 1.75" from the bottom of the left edge and mark it.
- Cut from that mark to the score mark at 8" (see diagram).
- Fold at the score lines.
- Decorate as desired!
- To make the smallest inset panel, start with a rectangle 3.75" x 3.25" and mark the short edge 1.5" from the bottom. Trim from that mark to the opposite corner.
- To make the middle inset panel, start with a rectangle 3.75" x 5.25" and mark the short edge 3.25" from the bottom. Trim from that mark to the opposite corner.
Have you tried this fold before? If so, please leave a comment and tell us what you called it. We will have a Linky for you to add your pics as well.