Featured Cardmaker: Laura O, Cottontown TN

How long have you been stamping?
About 2 years

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
 Yes, I have what used to just a scrapbook room, but has become a major card making room.

What are your favorite stamp products?
 Stampin’ up-because a very special lady in my life that survived cancer sales that product and any time I can spend with her is a blessing!

No, I love to try all kinds of things.

I love all those, too, how boring am I! I LOVE LOVE LOVE browns, outdoors type motifs like camping stuff but I love flowers, too.

Truth? Card Maker magazine about a year and half ago. My nephew had just joined the Marines, my beagle of 13 years had passed and I wanted to give my time and thoughts to someone else….I prayed about anything I could do, and viola! Within that week, I read the article about Cards for Heroes! With 2 nephews now in the service, I am all the more motivated! What you all do is such a gift.

Like I said previously, in part my nephews, but also the thought that somehow a card can reach a lonely wife, a child that misses dad or mom or a mom that misses her child. I remember when my nephew joined the Marines; I got one letter during boot camp. He had no punctuation anywhere because he had to write so fast to be able to complete a letter before they were made to stop for the night! That letter meant the world to me, I scrapbooked it to keep it forever safe! I can only imagine how much more a card means to someone getting it from family overseas!

I want to thank you and Operation Write Home for this ministry/mission, whichever you choose to call yourselves. I think it helps those of us who make the cards as much or more than those who receive them.

Rhonda Miller  – (August 20, 2010 at 7:59 AM)

Oh, these cards are gorgeous. TFS.

Sherry Hickey  – (August 20, 2010 at 8:06 AM)

Each of your cards is a one-of-a-kind treasure. Special features of each I like are the PP flowers, measuring tape, and tiny autumn leaves stamped on the inside. God bless your nephews in the service! So nice to "meet" you.

Irene at GoneScrapbooking.com  – (August 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM)

What fabulous talent! I love how you incorporated a frame into a card. Great interview and inspiration.

helloholley  – (August 20, 2010 at 10:13 AM)

sweet story.....and beautiful cards!!!!

Paula  – (August 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM)

Hello Laura, These cards are all wonderful. I particularly like the first purple and soft green combination. Really stunning! I could not agree more about making cards and have often described it to friends and family as my "art therapy".

ThePurplePlace  – (August 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM)

HI Laura,
It's a pleasure to meet you and see all your wonderful card creations.

I am in LOVE with the first cards....LOVE all that purple! It's a stunning card.

All of your cards are really quite nice and it's been fun to see them.

Take care and happy crafting!!

Fabre  – (August 20, 2010 at 3:31 PM)

Laura - you are the best! I'm glad that you were chosen for this honor - you are a dedicated cardmaker and dear friend! Congratulations!

Nancy –   – (August 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM)

Laura, your cards are all so lovely, and so different from each other, I can't pick a favorite. OWH is blessed to have you as a cardmaker and thanks for sharing your story.

Linda  – (August 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM)

Great cards! Thanks for participating with OWH.

Linda  – (August 20, 2010 at 6:37 PM)

P.S. I meant to tell ya that I'm here in TN also. We live in Bradyville.

Our Little Inspirations  – (August 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM)

HI Laura, it's a pleasure to meet and get to know you! Your cards are just gorgeous, and I enjoyed your story as much as the cards.

Shelly  – (August 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM)

Your cards are beautiful, Laura and it was so nice to "meet" you. :)

Betty Benton  – (August 21, 2010 at 1:38 AM)

Gorgeous cards!! A particular favorite of mine is the one of purples!! Gotta love purple!!

songbird cindi  – (August 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM)

Love, love, love your beautiful cards!

TN Granny  – (August 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM)

So very pretty you definately have a great style. I live in Cleveland, TN by Chattanooga where is Cottontown, TN?
God Bless,
Jeanine

Karen S  – (August 23, 2010 at 4:52 AM)

I live in Mt Juliet, approx 15 min east of Nashville. I would like to invite you to join the Nashville Scrappers and Stampers if you are not a member already. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards.