Featured Cardmakers; Stephanie and Robin G, New York NY

This week, we have a special treat for you: a mother/daughter duo! You can see more of their cards on their blog, SR Cards.

How long have you been stamping? We have been stamping and making cards for a long time but in the last year and a half we have significantly increased the amount that we do. Currently, we try to send 200 cards every other week. This is a lovely way for us to spend quality time together doing something we love to do.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?Because we live in an apartment in Manhattan, space is at a premium. We have taken over half of the dining room table to use as craft space as well as a table in the living room that is covered with Marvy punches and paper. Fortunately the men in the family are quite understanding.

What are your favorite stamp products?
Papertrey Ink has become our favorite stamp company! We absolutely love the versatility that you get with their stamp sets. Interestingly, we first learned about them in a post on the OWH blog. Robin really loves to use the button stamp sets and the matching buttons from Papertrey Ink. We also really like their various patterned papers. When it comes to sentiments for our cards, we really like to use the small Teeny Tiny Wishes from Stampin’ Up.

We love to incorporate buttons in to our stamped cards. In general, we favor a more clean and simple look. Steph enjoys using stamp sets that come with cute matching sentiments such as ‘bugs and kisses’. We also really like to use our Marvy punches to layer different papers on the cards.

We love bright colors and bright patterned papers. We try to make sure that each box of cards to OWH has a wide variety of colors.

Robin heard about OWH when it was still known as Cards for Heroes last summer on a paper supply website. We have been sending cards ever since.

OWH has allowed us to combine a favorite hobby with an amazing cause. Sending these cards to the men and women who sacrifice so much to protect our country is incredibly rewarding. Helping them stay in touch with their families at home seems like the least we can do to help. The thank you messages on the hero blog are especially rewarding and motivating for us! Its great to see how much the men and women really enjoy the cards!

As a side note, we would love to get together with other card makers in the New York City area to make cards for OWH. If anyone is interested, please let us know!

Jackie  – (July 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM)

Love your work! It's so cool that you both are into stamping, and you are both very talented. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous –   – (July 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM)

I love SR Cards! I too like a clean & simple style, so a lot of their cards are on my inspiration list. I love the fact that you are a mother/daughter team. ~Robin

Our Little Inspirations  – (July 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM)

Congrats to you both Stephanie and Robin for being the featured stamper this week! Your cards are just lovely and it's so nice to see a mother & daughter enjoying their hobbies together!

Paula  – (July 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM)

These cards are simply beautiful and it's heart-warming to hear how you've been able to share your love of crafting with each other (and the rest of us now too!). I love how you have used the white of the card itself sa a design element in ever one of these. You've inspired me to try to control my urge to cover the entire surface of the card. Great work, thanks for sharing it!

Brenda  – (July 10, 2010 at 5:26 AM)

Beautiful cards. What a blessing being able to stamp together and combining that with making cards for OWH, it's plain awesome.

Bless those men in you lives too -- !

mmwilken  – (July 10, 2010 at 9:08 AM)

what pretty cards and so simple and practical! Than so much for sharing!!

TN Granny  – (July 10, 2010 at 10:11 AM)

I think its wonderful a mother daughter team and your cards are perfect. I love inchies so your designs and ideas are just great. Wish I lived closer but TN is a gaunt.
Stampin hugs,
Jeanine

Susan  – (July 10, 2010 at 12:16 PM)

Hi Gals!! I live in Ocean County NJ (at the shore near LBI) I LOVE your CAS cards! they POP so!! (even though they are simple, which i LOVE)

I would love it if somehow we can make a tri state meet-up card making day (PA, NJ, NY) I do believe there is at least one other NJ OWHomer, and I believe there are many in PA.

SUPERB cards!!

Susan

Dixie Cochran  – (July 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM)

That card with the car is my favorite! Such a nice sentiment!