Featured Cardmaker: Nancy F, Trexlertown PA

I am so honored be a part of the Stars & Stripes Blog! I first found out about Operation Write Home (it was Cards For Heroes) when it was featured in the Readers Reach Out section of Cardmaker Magazine approx. two years ago and have been hooked ever since.

A small corner of an enclosed porch was dedicated to my stamping/card making habit, and everything was quite manageable and neat, until Heirloom Productions starting having their Mid-Atlantic Rubber Stamp Festivals ten miles from my house. This caused considerable mayhem and my craft area has now taken over the entire porch…......
My earliest stamp sets (not counting the 1965 Flintstones set) are foam backed and from Personal Stamp Exchange (1980’s?). I’ve been at this for quite some time and I can‘t imagine not having an artistic outlet, it’s my therapy at the end of a rough day.

Even with the ridiculous amount of stamps that I own, I sometimes find it hard to get started and I worry that Dixie is always seeing the same stuff from me. When I am totally stumped and can’t select something, I usually reach into my Snoopy drawer. You can never go wrong with Snoopy!

Yolanda  – (July 23, 2010 at 4:48 AM)

Your cards are terrific and I sense another Cuttlebug fan.

Our Little Inspirations  – (July 23, 2010 at 8:21 AM)

Hello Nancy, nice to meet a fellow Pennsylvanian! We don't live all that far from one another actually, so I'll consider you a neighbor :)I live just outside of Pottstown.
Your cards are all great and I love the embossing you added to them. Have a great weekend!

Tammy  – (July 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM)

Gorgeous cards! Great embossing and papers!

ThePurplePlace  – (July 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM)

Beautiful cards! I love how you use all different styles and lots of colors and texture!

Thanks for sharing!!

Susan  – (July 23, 2010 at 2:16 PM)

Love your cards!

www.susan-MyThoughtsMyHeart.blogspot.com

Sherry H  – (July 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM)

Hi Nancy, I love your cards and enjoyed reading what you wrote. I'm relatively new to OWH and learn a lot from cards like yours!

Betty  – (July 23, 2010 at 4:20 PM)

Nancy - WOW!!! You got some talent girl :) I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled with each and every card...

mumgranny  – (July 23, 2010 at 4:37 PM)

Love all your cards BUT - you rocked the truck. I can almost 'feel' the rest. Love it.

Judi T –   – (July 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM)

Hi Nancy,
Wonderful cards! Another PA girl here, also not too far from you (Hi Little Inspirations!). I'm in Stroudsburg. I recently learned about OWH and am still working on my 1st package of cards to send. This is such a wonderful organization, everyone is so helpful and friendly. I'm so glad to have found them.

Dolores A.  – (July 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM)

Wonderful cards by an expert, I'd say! Thanks for sharing them and your story.

Dolores A.  – (July 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM)

Wonderful cards by an expert, I'd say! Thanks for sharing them and your story.

Paula  – (July 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM)

Terrific work on all of these cards. I particularly like truck card. It's all so perfectly coordinated right down to the screw and ribbon embellishment. Great!

lindy  – (July 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM)

The combo of embossed paper piece and decorative print piece is really cool!

Anonymous –   – (July 23, 2010 at 7:28 PM)

From Proud Mom of Nancy.Her cards are all spectacular. Have all she has made for me. Artistic talent runs in the family & she got a super share.

Dixie Cochran  – (July 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM)

I have to say, that card with the milk can is my favorite, Nancy. Your cards are always a treat to see!

Cindy's Card Co  – (July 24, 2010 at 5:30 AM)

Nancy that's when I got started. Saw the same article and thought I'd send out a few cards. Little did I know I'd still be doing it.

Jan Hunnicutt  – (July 24, 2010 at 11:11 AM)

Nancy your cards are gorgeous! I think my fav is the one with the Diamond Plate Cuttlebug embossing folder, very masculine!

Marianne  – (July 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM)

Nancy,
What great cards. I love the colors and ribbon.

Cindy Zehner Schwartz –   – (July 25, 2010 at 3:48 PM)

You go girl!!!! So proud to be your friend (of 44 years, I might add) Keep up the good work, I know you are making a difference in many lives. You could not have chosen a better endeavor!
Love, Cindy

Joanne Moyer –   – (July 26, 2010 at 5:49 AM)

hi from another PA girl and gee, I don't live that far from you either.... I'm so glad to see your great work get some much deserved recognition --- I'm very proud to be a part of OWH with you and there's definitely never been a dull moment being your stamping buddy all these years

Nancy F. –   – (July 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM)

I just wanted to thank everyone for all their kind comments. I don't have a blog or a website, but my friend, Joanne and I share a Facebook page we call Stamp Tramps and we post our card making results there. Ask us to be our friend! Thanks again! Nancy