Featured Cardmaker: Mary Ann S, Fontana CA

How long have you been stamping?
20 years or so.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?I do have a craft room and it seems like my space is getting smaller and smaller every day. I love paper and ribbons and I believe I am truly a paper-ribbon-aholic because I can just never get enough.

What are your favorite stamp products?
I don't have any real favorites because I use anything I like. I often use my Crop-A-Dile and my Big Shot die cutting machine. Stampin' Up stamps and Hero Arts are some favorites too. Of course, digi stamps are cool and I love to check out the sale bins at Michael's, JoAnn's or anywhere else that has a craft department. I use watercolor pencils, pastel chalks, markers and punches too.

Not really. I'll try anything and just do what I enjoy.

I love the pinks and blues and basically any color that is bright and beautiful and makes one's heart happy. I love to use bling on my cards too to brighten everything up.

One day I was looking at Nina's site Crafting in Croatia, and saw the notice on Cards for Heroes and checked it out. I decided right then that this was something I had to do.

What motivates you to make cards for our heroes? I am the daughter of a WWII Army veteran, the wife of an Air Force veteran, the sister of veterans, and I love my country. I am so proud of our American heroes and how much they are giving up for us here at home and how they are fighting for our freedoms. Providing cards for them lifts their spirits and the spirits of their families here at home who receive their cards. I know that a handmade card from home is cherished forever. My handmade cards are making so many happy and it warms my heart to know I can do some little thing for our heroes.

Yolanda  – (June 18, 2010 at 5:03 AM)

So nice to meet you Mary Ann. Your cards are wonderful. I particularly like the flowers with that great quote and the manly looking sailboat card.

Nancy Keller  – (June 18, 2010 at 8:44 AM)

Hello Mary Ann! I can totally relate to the paper-ribbon-aholic problem :) Maybe some day someone will come up with a twelve step program. In the meanwhile, I am really enjoying your cards and it is nice to meet you!

Our Little Inspirations  – (June 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM)

Hi Mary Ann! Ditto to what Nancy said above about paper and ribbon! A girl can never have enough!! LOL
Your cards are all lovely and it's so nice to meet a fellow OWH cardmaker and learn a little about you!

Paula  – (June 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM)

Beautiful job on these cards Mary Ann. I can totally relate to how you felt after finding OWH. It's so rewarding to see you cards put to good use instead of put in a box in the closet. Welcome!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (June 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM)

Hi Mary Ann, your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your cards and a little about you with us today.

Collette  – (June 18, 2010 at 4:41 PM)

What a lovely collection of cards, Mary Anne - Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself.

JustYolie  – (June 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM)

Mary Ann, we are neighbors! I live in the Inland Empire too, Moreno Valley. Your cards are beautiful! :)

Jackie  – (June 19, 2010 at 6:28 AM)

Hi Mary Ann. Your cards are beautiful, thank you for sharing a bit about yourself, it's nice to "meet" you!