Tutorial: Digistamps and Microsoft Word

With the "digi craze" going on out there in cardmaking land—as well as all the donated digis we get here at OWH nowadays—it's about high time we shared more about how they are downloaded and placed to be printed out!

In conjunction with this digi tutorial, we've also collected all the donated digis in one place for you: check the link on the sidebar to the right, and you'll see a long page with digis, including their Angel Policies and/or TOUs, either typed out there or links to their webpages. Please abide by the terms; the artists would really like their art to be used appropriately. These were donated for use on OWH cards only unless otherwise directed by the owner. Thanks for your help in that!

Enjoy this video explanation of how to place digis into Word—including a great tip so you can move them easily around the page!

A note about the making of this video: it was made using free software called Copernicus for the Mac. Click the start button, and it records actions and windows as you work. It's a little slow and bulky, and the page jumps around a bit, but....not too bad for free, eh?

Stills from the video, in case you want to see them closer....first, the paper pieced card. A 12x12 was cut to 8.5x11 so it would fit into the printer; the scraps from that cutting were used to decorate the gatefold panels and inside of the card.
The Copic-colored heart card; background paper was cuttlebugged.
Thanks for visiting...go play with some of the free digis, and post links to your cards here. We'd love to see what you create!

Gloria Westerman  – (May 4, 2010 at 5:34 AM)

Thank you for this tutorial....I didn't know how to move the image about the page.....very helpful....

Kate  – (May 4, 2010 at 6:53 AM)

Awesome video as always, Sandy! Thanks for doing this. :)

Cheryl  – (May 4, 2010 at 9:21 AM)

On my blog http://dontworrybescrappi.blogspot.com I used a bugaboo digi superimposed onto a scrapbook factory image...It turned out very cute. The background image shows through the digi.

Hannah  – (May 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM)

Thanks for the really good tutorial. I only use a Mac so I'll have to experiment a bit but I love the idea.

Faith S.  – (May 4, 2010 at 9:15 PM)

Wow!! I love your cards! Great ideas and tutorial!!

Jeanne  – (May 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM)

Here's another tip for saving digis to your computer. I always label the folder with the name of the brand and keep all brands together, but sometimes that's not enough. You can also drag the website into the folder so you can always find it. Just click the icon next to the web address (the http:// part) and drag it into your folder. Then you can always find the website again!

BrendaLea, the Prpldy  – (May 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM)

I've never used Digi's before, so thank you very much for the great tute and love the paper piecing you did.

NC  – (March 22, 2011 at 2:13 AM)

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I had never heard or used digistamps before and I'm really excited about trying them.

Norma –   – (September 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM)

Thanks for the tutorial it was very helpful. Now I know what I've been doing wrong. Thanks