Featured Cardmaker: Marianne C, Naches Wa

I started stamping about 15 years ago but just in the last 3 years have been doing it on a regular basis.

I am blessed to have a very messy craft room but started out with just a plastic shoebox at my kitchen table.

My favorite stamp product are my coloring tools, Copic, Prismacolor pencils and watercolors. I seem to collect a lot of pattern paper and ribbon so I know they must be a close second and third favorites.

My favorite technique right now is making flowers to add to my cards.
I am such a green lover it is work for me not to use green on my cards.

I had been praying how I could use my cardmaking in a ministry and one day I was blog hopping and saw the mention of Cards for Heroes. I knew this was the answer I was looking for.

When I first started making cards for our heroes it was just to make the cards. Since then I have come to realize the number of men and women who have been a part of my life that were in the armed services. I never really comprehended what my father gave up when he was in the army until I read a book about his company's battle on Iwo Jima. Now I have a deep respect for anyone that serves this great country of ours. And if I can thank them, touch their lives or give them a small piece of myself it is worth every card and letter I send.

Our Little Inspirations  – (May 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM)

Hi Marianne, so nice to meet a fellow cardmaker :) Your cards range from whimsical to gorgeous landscape and they're all beautiful! I love horses, so I'm especially fond of the last one (of course). Happy stampin'!

Yolanda  – (May 28, 2010 at 5:26 AM)

Your cards are so beautiful. I love the one of the trees. That one should be framed and hung on the wall.

iring  – (May 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM)

It's nice to meet you Marianne. What a nice story and wonderful cards you shared!

Paula  – (May 28, 2010 at 6:58 AM)

Beautiful cards Marianne. I especially like the adorable little duck carrying the cupcake! Wonderful coloring on these too.

Nancy Keller  – (May 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM)

I love these posts about meeting the other card makers. Nice to meet you Marianne!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (May 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM)

Good to meet you Marianne! Your cards are inspiring and beautiful!

Anonymous –   – (May 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM)

These cards are so beautiful! Nice to meet you Marianne!

Dixie Cochran  – (May 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM)

Beautiful cards and a lovely story. Thanks for sharing both!

mumgranny  – (May 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM)

These are all beautiful cards, Marianne. The tree stamp is one of my favorites. You did a lovely job with it.

Erica W.  – (May 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM)

Gorgeous cards, Marianne! I LOVE the trees!

And it's nice to see someone from near "home." I've been in/around/passed thru Naches many times, having grown up in the Tri-Cities and even lived in Yakima one summer :)