Our Blogger Family is Growing

The success of this S&S blog has been absolutely amazing—your response to our challenges, tutorials, and other features (not to mention the bloghop!) has been wonderful! Thank you for supporting Operation Write Home through all the inspiration here; our shippers are seeing so many of the great sketch and other challenge cards coming in the mail!

Karen and I (Sandy) are having a great time putting this together too...but I readily admit, Karen's carrying the majority of the load! You've seen her blogging over at Feline Creative....she's so talented, and is really organized too! Thanks to the overwhelming response to her sketch challenge during the hop, we have months-worth of Sunday sketches ready to go!

We're so excited to welcome a new blogger now into our admin team for the S&S blog....and it's Kate! You've seen her blogging over at Hello from Kate - and Kate's also responsible for the fabbbulous dahlia folding tutorial last month. (We've seen so many dahlia cards since then! You're all great students!) Kate's going to help out with recruiting and posting the Tuesday tutorials...she's great at figuring out how to explain things step by step, and the tech side of posting is a breeze for her!

And speaking of growing our blogger family...be sure to regularly check out the blogs listed on the right sidebar here! These are all OWH crafters—and you know how much everyone loves comments on their work, so go leave 5h3m some love! These are listed in order of the date of their latest posting, so bloggers, if you want to move up on the list, go make some cards to post! How do you get your blog listed in our sidebar (what an amazing list already!)? Email your blog address and we'll add you (til Blogger says we have too many!). (Note that if blogs are not regularly updated or do not contain cards for OWH on a semi-regular basis, we may need to clean out the list.)

Let's give Kate a welcome with a helping hand!
What tutorials would you like to see posted here?
Products, techniques, card foldings, styles...let's give her a great list to start researching! General categories are good, but give something specific if you can. If you've seen a great card that you want more info on from one of our OWH bloggers, feel free to link to their card and Kate can go chase them down! Comment below and let her know what you'd like to see!

If you have knowledge you could share in a tutorial, please email challenges@operationwritehome.org and Kate will be glad to chat with you about creating a guest tutorial!

debb  – (April 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM)

Hi Kate! How exciting! Congrats

SuzAnn –   – (April 5, 2010 at 8:55 AM)

Congratulations Kate!

I spent some 5 hours over the weekend figuring out how to save, sort, resize, print digi stamps. Since some of the bloggers offer digis on their sites, a specific step by step walk through of the different types of images (jpg, gif, png, and maybe how to use them in Word or PSE. It would have been really helpful for me if someone had tipped me off about pulling the image forward so you can move it! I kept trying to use the space bar to space between them but they'd print stacked on top of each other. ;[

Seongsook Duncan  – (April 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM)

What a great news! Congratulations, Kate, and thanks for taking this responsibility for the OWH. Since I am teaching and helping my card makers at work to make cards for our heroes, I really appreciate all the tutorials already provided here. I would like to see the step-by step basic techniques that new card makers can take easily.
Thanks very much again!

Cindy's Card Co  – (April 5, 2010 at 4:01 PM)

Hi Kate, I don't know how you guys find the time to keep up on all the blogs and facebook, etc. I'm lucky to find time to work on cards! I don't know if you can help with this but I have created a blog that is purely pathetic!!! Do you know how to get the sides nice looking? I know this isn't card related but it kinda is. Thanks cindy

Kate  – (April 5, 2010 at 6:28 PM)

Wow! Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to learning a lot by helping with the tutorials. I love OWH so much and am happy to be participating.

I know nothing about digi stamps. I've never used one (yet) but I'm sure there's someone around here who will volunteer (hint hint) to help us out.

Please, everyone, keep the suggestions coming.

Martha  – (April 5, 2010 at 7:39 PM)

Yeah Kate! Thank you for stepping forward and taking on this position. I loved your dahlia tutorial and sent others to view it too. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Marietta  – (April 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM)

Thank you so much Kate for taking on this responsibility!! You have many, many followers that could always use some help and always new ideas. I for one, like to see tutorials and watch every one of them. I look forward to seeing a lot of new things, refreshers on old ideas and many more. Thanks again.

Dixie Cochran  – (April 5, 2010 at 9:55 PM)

Thanks, Kate! I just spent some quality time at your blog. I can't wait to see what you do on the S&S blog!

Anonymous –   – (April 5, 2010 at 10:05 PM)

I also know nothing about digi stamps. I see freebies and think "How cute" but then have no idea how to save them, change to size, fit them on a page etc. Totally clueless! Help!!

Betty  – (April 6, 2010 at 5:37 AM)

Welcome aboard Kate!! I agree basics for new card makers with some more advanced techniques sprinkled in.

Hmm just remembered I have the photos taken for my next tutorial...need to get on that.

Tammy  – (April 6, 2010 at 6:25 AM)

Congratulations Kate and welcome!!

Debi!  – (April 6, 2010 at 7:30 AM)

I am always amazed to come in, and see all the work everyone does here,each and every week! Congrats Kate!!! :O)

Karen Howard  – (April 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM)

Welcome aboard, Kate! The ladies have amazing talent and awesome ideas that keep us hopping!!!

Was just reading all the comments about digital stamps and although I'm fairly new to digital stamping myself just came across a great tutorial I can't wait to try out myself, will email it to you!

Trinity Paper Arts  – (April 6, 2010 at 11:38 AM)

Congratulations Kate! I think you are the perfect person for tutorials. I loved your dahlia fold and made several of them. I also remember the paper you used on your Blog Hop card and I just loved it (although as I recall it wasn't your favorite). At any rate, I am looking forward to your adding your gifts and talents in another way to the success of OWH and S&S. Blessings, Louise

TN Granny  – (April 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM)

Kate,
Congrat's to you but then you are extremely talented.
I like the idea of the Digital tutorial, I have tried to download then can't open them I'm doing something wrong and would love a tutorial about it.
God Bless,