Featured Cardmaker: Linda G, Bradyville TN

Meet Linda this week - she joined our OWH board of directors this January! Leave her a comment on this post...Linda's blog is Nana's Notes - you might like to check out more of her work!

How long have you been stamping?
I remember going to a stamping party years ago but it wasn't something I was interested in doing. Then before Christmas about five years ago I was visiting Dawn (The Chatty Stamper) and we made Christmas cards. I got hooked and have been stamping and making cards since then. Prior to that I was a scrapbooker though I haven't done much with it since I started making cards. But recently, while unpacking, I was looking through my old scrapbooks and am thinking of incorporating stamping into scrapbooking.

Do you have a craft room or specific area where you stamp?
When we lived in NJ, I had a whole room to myself but we recently moved to TN so now I have a craft/guest room. I don't expect to have any overnight guests for awhile, so it's mainly my craft room. Then, when we do have guests, I'll have to straighten it up and put things away to make room for them!!

What are your favorite stamp products?
I love Stickles!

I can't say that I have a "favorite" technique. I like to see what others are doing and then give it a try.

When I think about it, I tend to use blues and pinks the most. I guess it's because they are my favorite colors.

My daughter Dawn told me about Operation Write Home when it was still Cards for Heroes. It sounded like such a great way to show support for our troops. The majority of the cards I make are for OWH.

As I said, it's a great way to show support and it's something tangible I can do. I think it's exciting and touching when we see the videos of the heroes with the cards we have all made.

Dawn  – (April 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM)

I think this is the best feature girl you've had yet OWH!!!!! It has nothing to do with the fact this is my ma! LOL

Great cards, love the happy birthday! Way to go nana!

Jan Hunnicutt  – (April 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM)

Wonderful cards! I started scrapbooking at first as well, card making is just as consuming and satisfying. Time to go check out your blog!

Paula  – (April 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM)

Beautiful cards Linda. I particularly like how u did the butterfly card with the design continuing in the background. Thanks for sharing your talent with OWH!

Our Little Inspirations  – (April 2, 2010 at 12:59 PM)

Nice to meet you Linda! I started with scrapbooking too, and eventually drifted into cards, but both are very rewarding! Your cards are very unique and quite pretty!

Jennifer Moore  – (April 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM)

I love the road in the last card. What a great idea.

Susan  – (April 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM)

Great to meet you Linda! Love your cards :) Where in NJ did you live? I am in southern most Ocean County.
May I ask why you moved to TN?

We are planning on moving out of NJ, too pricey...but yet they have good aid to the aged and disabled. Many states do not.
Susan

grammiej  – (April 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM)

great cards! I am hosting a OWH workshop in Pulaski, TN May 15th. Free crop day with workshops and doorprizes. 10-5, everyone invited!
jashmore_1944@hotmail.com
for more details!

Trinity Paper Arts  – (April 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM)

Linda, I very much liked all your cards, but my fav is the I Miss You card. It must be a real culture shock going from NJ to TN, but after time you may come to enjoy the slower pace of life and all those strangers waving at y'all! (grew up in Arkansas). Blessings and thanks so much for sharing. Wished I lived closer to you, I'd come visit! Louise