Featured Cardmaker: Carolyn L, Darien IL

Meet Carolyn this week - she's been sending in her beautiful cards since 2008! Be sure to leave her a comment below.

I've been stamping for about five or six years. I'm not a very good time historian so I loose track of time. I was a beader and scrapbooker prior to that but found a lot more satisfaction from the stamping.
Yes, I do have a craft room. It is basically dedicated to stamping, so I have a lot of shelves and storage space ( most of it full). I retired two years ago, so have found this a good place to spend "alone" time. My husband, though, is extremely supportive of this addiction.

I do use a lot of Stampin Up products, but I also LOVE the House Mouse stamps.  I will use just about any stamp that appeals to me.  I have no technique I would call my favorite.  My favorite tool is the Cuttlebug, the embossing folders and Nesties.  Colors?  I like bright colors - I tend toward the yellows and corals, but the color scheme may depend on the background paper I'm using.  Sometimes, I work backwards:  I'll stamp something, then look for colors, then decide on the card stock, then decide on the design.  Kind of goofy, but it works.

I heard about OWH, from another card making friend.  I wanted to do something with the cards I make and this has been a perfect outlet.

What motivates me?  I hate that these kids are so far from home.  I hate that they are having to sacrifice so much for us.  I appreciate them and their dedication to our amazing country.  Also, my son was in the Marines in the '80s - hated that, too, but at least there were no conflicts he had to get involved in.

grammiej  – (April 23, 2010 at 7:17 AM)

beautiful cards, you are so talented!! thank you for sharing with all of us

Paula  – (April 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM)

Great cards Carolyn. The blue butterfly is absolutely gorgeous. I really look forward to this featured card maker post every week. Thanks for sharing!

TAS  – (April 24, 2010 at 1:42 AM)

Your cards are gorgeous! Thank you for the great work you are doing for OWH and our heroes!

pollywol321  – (April 24, 2010 at 6:18 AM)

I, too, think of all the kids without their moms or dads at home when I'm making cards. I love your use of bright colors Carolyn! Thanks for being an OWH cardmaker.

Linda  – (April 24, 2010 at 7:35 AM)

Love your cards, especially the butterfly!! Thanks for joining OWH.

Trinity Paper Arts  – (April 24, 2010 at 7:55 AM)

Carolyn, All of your cards are great! Filled with color and cheery! My favorite is the blue Congrats card as I love florals and the touch of pale yellow is like the sun shining down. Beautiful craftsmanship! Thanks for sharing - I so enjoy this feature each week.Blessings, Louise

Jillian  – (April 24, 2010 at 9:09 AM)

Great cards, Carolyn!! Great variety too - such a range of creativity! Thanks for the inspiration, and keep at it! :)

Playing with Paper  – (April 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM)

Great cards Carolyn! Funny, I am like you in a way. I made jewelry for a few years and now I am a stamper!! I get way more enjoyment from it too. Keep up the wonderful work!

TN Granny  – (April 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM)

Wow, I like your cards and isn't it wonderful to be retired? I so agree with all you said about sending cards to a worthy cause. I have my 1 year anniversary coming up and hope people will promote my Blog Candy.
God Bless,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.com

Marcy –   – (April 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM)

Very pretty cards Carolyn! Such cheery color choices!