This week we have a really easy stash challenge for you! The challenge is to create a card using flowers. That’s it, super simple so go on and dig out all those cute flowers you’ve been hording and put them to good use! Below are tips on ways to use flowers and a card created by Karen to get you started. Thank you, Karen, for coming up with this weeks stash challenge and sharing the beautiful card! To see more of Karen’s gorgeous artwork please visit her blog, Feline Creative, and leave her lots of feedback!
For added inspiration, here are some creative ways to use flowers in your cardmaking:
- Layer several different sizes or color flowers then add an embellishment in the center.
- Punch out a paper flower and jazz it up by stamping a cute background on it to coordinate with your project.
- Punch out a paper flower then stamp an image on it and color to coordinate with your image or paper selection.
- Use a chipboard flower and finish with your favorite patterned paper.
- Add some shimmer to the edges of the flower (no glitter though please).
- For those of you that sew, make a unique flower using your fabric scraps.
- Distress a paper or chipboard flower.
- Ink a white flower to coordinate with your project (a sponge works great for this).
- Use pre-coloured digital flowers. Fred, She Said offers a variety of colors and styles that coordinate beautifully with their digital images and papers.