S&S Sketch Challenge #7

This week's sketch is provided by Erika. To see more of her beautiful artwork, please visit her blog, Polley Crafts. Thank you, Erika, for the fabulous sketch and sample card! Plus - Erika is offering blog candy to one of the folks who use her sketch! Woohoo!

Tips from Erika, to add color and texture on the inside of your card simply carry the patterned papers from the outside of the card to the bottom inside of the card.  Here is a photo of Erika's card showing a peak at the bottom inside of the card.  And remember, you can always flip the sketch sideways so the strips are horizontal and have more space for longer sentiments or simply use the strips as a backgound and add an image to the card.

To play along with this weeks sketch challenge just upload a project using this week's sketch to your blog or online gallery then leave a direct link to your project in the Mister Linky widget at the bottom of this post.  And remember, you can use this sketch at any time. When a NEW challenge is posted next Sunday, we'll include photos of the cards that used this sketch before then. Feel free to re-post the sketch on your blog along with your card… then come back and leave a link for us so we may all see your cards!

If you'd like to create a sketch and sample card to be featured in an upcoming sketch challenge, please send us an email and we will help you get started! For those of you who haven’t made a sketch before, keep in mind that the sketch is just a rough draft, we realize it won’t look the same as the ones posted here on the blog. The sketch may be created in word, excel or drawn on paper then scanned or even take a photo of it! So really all you need is your creativity and to make a card!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you join in the fun!

Here are all the cards created during the week using the sketch:

Caro  – (March 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM)

Love the sketch, Erika. I have so many strips of scrap paper! It's perfect for those.

The Stamper's Touch  – (March 8, 2010 at 6:33 AM)

Fabulous sketch!! Talk about a quick and easy card!! I love using up scraps of paper! Will definitely make more with this sketch!!

Linda A.

Our Little Inspirations  – (March 8, 2010 at 7:36 AM)

Thx for the great sketch Erika! I love this design!

Kajikit  – (March 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM)

I submitted almost the same card this week! lol I love strip cards to use up scraps quickly and easily...

Judianne  – (March 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM)

Well done everyone! I enjoyed visiting all of your blogs this week!!

Seongsook Duncan  – (March 10, 2010 at 5:55 AM)

Thanks for the great sketch! I posted my cards on my blog.

LynnR (hiscreation2) –   – (March 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM)

Just wondering if I posted mine incorrectly. I was going to show a friend in another state what we do and I was a little embarrassed that mine was not on there. We giggled as just decided I was 'blog' challenged.

Operation Write Home  – (March 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM)

Sorry, Lynn - I am pretty sure I snagged yours to add...? Let me see if I can edit the slidehow and add it manually.

PaulaM  – (March 25, 2010 at 8:39 AM)

I finally got around to doing this one - I have posted the cards on my blog. Thanks for a way to use the scraps we accumulate!