Midweek Throwdown: Free For All

It's time to get down and dirty for another midweek challenge.  Before we present the midweek challenge though let's take a look at all the participants’ cards from last weeks "Four Legged Friend" theme challenge. To see details about their cards or to visit their blogs… please click on their names in the original post.  Many thanks to all who played along this week!  All of your cards are PURR-FECT and you ladies WOOF!!!

Midweek Throwdown:  Free For All
This week we are going to get down and dirty and reverse things up a bit.  Instead of presenting you with a specific color, technique, stash or theme challenge we are going to have a free for all!  Yep, that's right... a FREE FOR ALL!  This week the challenge is to create a card using your favorite challenge hosted here on the Stars and Stamps blog so far!  Create any card using that challenge then leave a comment at the end of this post letting us all know what that challenge is and why you love it so much!

POLL:  Mister Linky or InLinkz
We want you to know that we are reading and listening to all of your comments and suggestions!  The most recurring comment seems to be not having enough time to complete the challenges in order to get your card in the SLIDE each week.  We recently came across another way for all of you to enter your cards in the challenges but need your feedback to know which you prefer!

At this time we are using Mister Linky to enter our cards in the challenges.  Each week before posting the new challenge we visit each blog and save your cards to a folder then we upload the cards to create a beautiful SLIDE that features all of your cards.  The downside to using Mister Linky is that we have to wait and add Mister Linky the day the challenge is posted.  Since Mister Linky only creates a link to your blog and doesn't show an image or icon we have to set an end date in order to create the SLIDE.

We've recently discovered another way for all of us to enter our cards in the challenges called InLinkz.  InLinkz creates an icon right on the blog featuring your card as well as creates a link to your blog.  One advantage to using InLinkz  is that we are able to create the InLinkz ahead of time as well as schedule the start and end dates.  With InLinkz your card will be featured on the blog as soon as you enter your project in the challenge meaning no more missing the deadline to get it in the SLIDE.

This is where we need your help!  At the end of this post you will see both Mister Linky and the InLinkz.  So that everyone has a chance to test the InLinkz,  please enter your project for this week's challenge using both Mister Linky and the InLinkz then let us know what you think.  To vote, simply leave a comment at the end of this post indicating either Mister Linky or InLinkz.

When entering your project in the challenge please make sure to use the direct link or URL address to your post as always!  When you enter your project using the InLinkz you will also need to enter your email address and select the photo of the project you are entering.  Inlinkz will show you all the photos it finds on your blog then simply choose the one for your project.  One idea to make it easier to find your photo is to name your projects by date.

Thanks everyone for playing along in this week's challenge and for taking the time to give us some valuable feedback!  You are the best!!!

MISTER LINKY

INLINKZ

Julie  – (March 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM)

Aw man, I made a card for the four-legged challenge but I didn't get it posted until just now!

Cheryl  – (March 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM)

For this midweek throw down I used the challenge of four legged friend from last week. Not because I loved it but because I'm late getting in my four legged friend submission. LOL, anyways I love all the challenges at OWH...just can't always seem to make it in time!

Debi!  – (March 31, 2010 at 3:32 PM)

The Color Challenge was so inspirational! Love that you let us make a choice this time...:O) Looking forward to more challenges! Thanks for all the time and work that goes into OWH!!!

Kat  – (April 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM)

I decided to look back at things I have created that used more than one type of patterned paper on a single card. I love making these pocketbooks!

Debi!  – (April 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM)

Karen, it looks like you have added my card already, for me? Thanks! :O)
I think InLinkz sounds best for all concerned! :O)

Cheryl  – (April 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM)

When I uploaded a card to another blog this week it was similar to this inlinks system where it placed a thumbnail image directly onto the blog when I linked my card - I loved that system. Now I just have a few more problems...getting a card made is only 1/2 the battle...then I have to get a pic of it...get it watermarked ...upload it...post to my blog...then enter it into the challenges. I decided to put this little paper with my blog address in the photo to eliminate the task of opening fotoflex and watermarking the images -yeah its old skool but its way faster on my sloooooow pc! -LOL

Jan Hunnicutt  – (April 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM)

That was interesting, I like having the photos of the challenges and I'm getting used to Mr. Linky so I'm no help! I just starting playing at the challenges, I love the sketches and entered for the four legged challenge since I didn't have it done in time and still wanted to make a card for it.

Paula  – (April 2, 2010 at 10:51 AM)

I don't manage to play along on every challenge but I do have to say I love how inlinkz shows the image icons and it seems like either is about the same effort to post too.

Seongsook Duncan  – (April 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM)

I uploaded my card that I made for OWH S&S Sketch #10 challenge. I like the INLINKZ system. Thanks for your great efforts to make this blog more user friendly and system efficiently.

Stephanie  – (April 3, 2010 at 4:14 AM)

I really liked the "four legged friend" challenge from last week so I decided to use that again. I actually prefer the old system where you left your name- this way it makes me click on their blogs and check out other things they have made and leave a comment.

Marianne  – (April 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM)

My card was from the Color Challenge #1: Spring. I like both the Inlinkz and Mr. Linky but will choose the one that is easiest for the people behind the scenes. So I will leave it up to you.

debb  – (April 5, 2010 at 8:11 AM)

I am always behind and love that I can add my card late with either mr linky or inlinkz. (Note to self- try to be on time!). I do really like that the card is autmomatically posted with inlinkz!